Skip to main content

Lunches out, revision and photography

Today has been a really good day I haven't done much but I am happy with what I have done. This morning my pony club joining pack arrived, it came with a badge, a tie, about all the different activities, about the different levels of efficiency tests as well as a cool rosette to go on my horse wall. 

This afternoon my dad, mum, uncle rob and I went to Horsley lodge for lunch, we went to try the food as this is where we are going to go after the funeral. I had this really nice cagun chicken with sweet potatoes wedges both things that I have never had before. They were both so nice and I enjoyed having them. My mum had a mushroom linguine and so did my uncle and my dad had a chicken ceasar salad.  We all enjoyed it then this afternoon I drove myself to school and had textiles revision first most people were looking for the fashion show photos but seen as I didn't do it I don't bother looking at them and instead got on with doing some textiles revision. I got given questions and the answers to copy out so that I could test myself at home as well as in school. I spent an hour doing this and managed to copy up the majority of the questions but I will continue doing that tomorrow. 

I then had my English lesson to start with we looked at past papers over the past three years and then we moved on to playing a game but it was a revision game. Most of us stood up it started with one person and they had to say a quote and then pick another person. This person said who was saying the quote and then a quote of their own. When you didn't get things right you then had to sit down. Instead of playing the game I started sitting down and wrote down some of the best quotes. It was a good way to revise and I really liked it. 

When I got home I watched TV for a while and played some games on my laptop. Then my mum took me for a drive and I managed to get up some hills without stalling on them. I then came down the A38 and went around one of the big round abouts that I was worries about doing. We then went in to a car park and practiced parking and reversing around corners. We also did a couple attempts at a 3 point turn. I didn't find them as hard as i thought I was going to do them. I then reversed on to my drive, I will post a picture of my drive tomorrow showing where I park and how hard it is to park on my drive. It took me a bit longer today as it was slippy and raining but I did eventually manage it and that's all that really matters. 

Tomorrow I am in school for an hour and a half because my lessons in the afternoon has been cancelled but my textiles lesson first thing is still on. Then I might help my mum and uncle do the shopping. I know that I have to go to my youth group because one of the people there needs me to take pictures of the youth group for a newsletter type thing and a bulletin board. It will be interesting to see how the photographs turn out but until tomorrow. 

A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Wow I love what you've done with your blog!

    Sorry I've been absent for so long. I've barely had time to read blogs at all. I'll try to get caught up as soon as possible.

    On the driving practice are you learning to drive a standard? I've been practicing driving a standard, but just haven't had much time for it. I feel so uncoordinated with it like I can't get the timing with my hands and feet together lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Yeah I am driving Standard (manual here in the uk) I was struggling with finding some gears but now im driving everyday I'm not doing to bad, it's defo something you need to get used to.

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...