Skip to main content

Pony club - handling

I love ponyclub I get to spend time with Gatsby and learn new things which is always great fun. Today we were working on handling we spent a while grooming. Gatsby liked this because it meant that he could get pampered and go to sleep! We spent quite a while doing it. We then had a break we liked this because it involved juice and cakes!! I like cakes. 

When we had done this we moved on to doing handling. This was awesome it was like doing an in hand show. It was so fun and I cant wait to do more Gatsby reacted really well because of Gatsbys martingale we used the lunge bridle that had got vettie's bit in it. Fiona showed us how to check that the bridle would fit Gatsby and what to do to change it. Fiona asked if I had ever done in hand work and I said no.  I think that I picked it up really well. We started off just doing simple things like working on walking at a nice rhythm we then moved on to the trot for some reason I just found this really easy. So fiona suggested that I tried making it so when I moved my inside leg Gatsbys inside leg moved. We got a couple if strides of this which I was really surprised about the few sides we did get were amazing. It was totally harmony ans floating and it felt so good I can not wait to do more of this and learn more about it. 

We then moved on to standing on the centre line and getting the horses to go backwards. Fiona demonstrated on Gatsby and in his typical style be tried to bite her showing off his more grumpy side. He tried it half heartedly once got told off and knew better than to try it again. We then tried going sideways and Gatsby amazed me by just doing it you didn't even need to ask him he just did it. It's moments like this that horses show how truly amazing and intelligent they are. It fascinates me how they're mind works and I cant wait to learn more about what I call one of my best friends Gatsby. 

I also organised that on Saturday I can stay and help out again in the afternoon which is something that I always enjoy doing. Horses just chill me out. Last night and this morning I did some more revision and tomorrow I plan to do more while I am waiting in Stoke. I have to take my car to a garage there while it is under warranty as it's kept telling me that the engine is over heating. Hopefully they will be bale to sort it while my mum and I are there but they don't know how long it is going to take we have to leave mine by 7 so tomorrow is going to be a long day. 

So now im off to sleep.
Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...