Skip to main content

I PASSED THE FIRST PART OF MY BRONZE AWARD. and a little bit of suspense

Well today was my pony club evening and the week that we did the first part of the bronze award ( for those of you that do not know there are three parts). I was really excited but at the same time I was really nervous. I didn't know why I was nervous because it was all things that I am able to do my sleep. But we will come back to that later. 

I woke up this morning really early for me considering I'm on holidays for three months now! I watched Jeremy Kyle and just spent some time chilling I spent some time reading everyone's blogs and then curled up and watched some of the soaps that I enjoy that I had missed last week. It got to mid afternoon and I decided that I wanted something from Burger King,      I also offered to buy my brother some burger king to, as he'd spent all day in his room and I just thought it would be something nice to do. When we got home my dad was in from work so we took Angel for a quick walk up the hill and back, the heels quite steep so it gets your heart working fast! 

I then went to Pony Club, the things that we did were simple things like untie and tie the lead rope, take the head collar off the horse and put it back on, we then had to name the colours of the horses, we only had to do the simple names e.g. bright bay, dappled or flea bitten grey, we went round the horses on the yard saying what each horse was. I even remembered that Rosie is a Chestnut with a flaxen mane and tale, I don't know why I remember this but I always do. Odd! We then had to answer a few road safety questions e.g. which side of the road do you ride on, if your younger why is it best to always have an adult with you, things like that. We then got to spend some time grooming and have a break so Gatsby got lots of fuss and attention. The smaller kids went first and then the older ones second, so while the younger kids went, we mucked out Gatsby's stable. Then came the riding part of the test, for this you had to be able to check the girth and pull the stirrups done, make sure that they are the right length. Get on receiving a leg up (this was the thing that I struggled with the most but we had a laugh), walk in a straight line, stop, all in walk! It was easy but enjoyable, all though my stirrups were definitely too long!  I passed the first part of my bronze award and we took a group picture of everyone with their certificates standing by Big Rocky, I'm hoping to get a copy of that Photo soon too! Then when everyone had gone I was waiting to talk to Fiona so Elaine asked if I would mind helping her take Gatsby and Rascal out to their field! So of course I said yes ;) 

Tomorrow I'm getting a ride on Gatsby and having the first lesson with my new driving teacher. Wednesday I'm going to Blackpool with my mum and brother. Thursday I plan on sleeping.... a LOT! Friday I've got a day out with Dean and Sue. Saturday will be my weekly lesson and I have plans for Sunday but for now they're a surprise for you guys. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...