Skip to main content

Jumping Gatsby

Today was another good ride on Gatsby. I got there for 12:30 so that I could groom Gatsby and tack her up, I really enjoyed spending time grooming him, and he was really good. The only thing that I found difficult was picking out his back feet, as the ground has clay in it in the fields that the horses go out in, it's either really soft and easy to get out of the hooves or it is rock hard. Today it had dried so it was more difficult to get out. 

When I got on him Fiona asked me what I would like to do with Gatsby today, I immediately said jumping as I loved doing it yesterday. I warmed him up making sure he stretched and had a forward strong rhythm in his walk, at one point it looked like he was 'power walking' and it felt so funny but it felt great at the same time if that makes sense! It was odd but good. Just after I had started warming Gatsby up, we heard the gate go and all I could hear Fiona say was 'that's Jenny'. Jenny is Gatsby's owner and she has only seen me ride him in pictures I put on Facebook or Video's, I was nervous to start with but soon relaxed, I thought it was really nice of her to come while I was riding Gatsby and it was something that I didn't mind. She said to my mum 'it was nice seeing someone who can actually ride Gatsby' I thought that was one of the nicest compliments that I had ever got. When we had done some trot work, I put my stirrups up two holes, and moved on to cantering Gatsby, we put a pole on the ground and worked on getting the right strides which is something that I have always really struggled with, cause I never know where to count them from and til, but eventually I could feel it and was getting it right. Then I bought Gatsby back to walk so that Jaimie-leigh could do some canter work with Rocky as it's something she's working really hard at and doing amazingly at since she fell off. She couldn't get him to canter on one rein but did an AMAZING job at cantering on the other rein and I think that she did a really good job, but needs to believe in herself more. When she had decided that she had had enough Fiona said I was to do some walk to canter transitions with Gatsby whilst she was putting up the jump then when she had done that I was to pop over the jump. I could feel him getting excited to jump, and I really enjoyed jumping him. We did a small cross rail again but to me it's not the size that matters it's the fact that I can still jump and am looking forward to it not worrying about what's going to happen, which I have never really done with jumping even though I enjoyed it. I went over the jump a couple of times and once I rushed him to much, once I didn't have enough leg on but there were a couple of really nice jumps and I was really happy with what I got out of him. I'm so pleased with how much my riding is changing and how I am developing and becoming a stronger/better rider, it's such a great feeling and a feeling that I want to never go away. 

In other news while I was riding mum was talking to Jenny, in september there is a charity ride that's 15miles and not far from where Gatsby is, mum mentioned that I'd wanted to do it but didn't want to assume that I could do it and Jenny said as long as Fiona was happy with it and said it was okay, it was fine by her. There's lots of new and exciting things coming up and I can't wait to see what the future is going to bring. 

On Monday I'm going up in the morning from 8:00am til 10:00am. Then in the afternoon I am going to be going back up for Pony Club. Tomorrow (Sunday) I am going to spend some time revising, and just relaxing, as I have got my two final exams this week! 











Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream.

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...