Skip to main content

Marble Cake.

Hey everyone! 

Today didn't go as planned but I made to turn it around towards the end of the day. This morning I should have gone to the stables to help muck out and do things like this! However at 6:30 this morning I asked my mum to text Fiona because I had got really bad stomach aches, when I stood up I felt dizzy, I was too hot and feeling sick. So my mum told me to go back to sleep and hopefully I'd sleep it off, but when I woke up again I still felt awful. I don't know whether it's a bug or I did to much in my garden yesterday. 

So i spent most of the afternoon taking it easy, my dad had to have a diabetic eye check up at the hospital that he has once or twice a year. So I went to keep my mum company while we waited for my dad to come out. When we got in I started looking up recipes for how to make a marble cake. All the ones that I could find online where Chocolate and Vanilla, I'm not to big a vanilla fan so instead I looked at to recipes that my mum had got one was for a Madeira cake and the other was for a chocolate cake. I then set to work to make both of the recipes in two separate bowls. 

Chocolate cake mixture and madeira mixture.
When I had got this I then went on to mixing them together in the cake tin. Neither my mum or I had made this type of cake before and I decided I wanted to based on pictures and a friend thats mum makes it. It looks so nice and I've always wondered how you made it. Then going up in layers you spooned the mixtures in alternating between the madeira and the chocolate mixture. 

The mixture spooned in to the cake tin, the only problem we had was the chocolate cake is more of a runny mixture than the madeira cake this is something that I need to work on next time! 
When we had done this the next job was to give it the marble effect that it is well known for mum helped me to use a chopstick to get the effect. I started in the middle and spiralled out mixing it all together, the finish look before putting it in the oven was quite effective. 

This is what it looked like before it went in to the oven you can kind of see why it is called a marble cake by the effect that it makes and has.
It was in the oven for roughly an hour and ten minutes, we used a metal stick thing (not sure of its proper name) to make sure that it had cooked all the way through as we wouldn't want to be eating something that hadn't cooked all the way through, because it was two recipes we didn't know how long it was going to take to cook because they didn't have the same time so that was something that was a bit of an experiment. But we will know for next time. Below are two pictures of the finished product one's the outside and one's what it looks like inside when it has been cut open. Sounds mad but I was so excited to see what it looked like on the inside.



Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...