Skip to main content

Pony Club - Bronze Award Training

Last night was my pony club bronze award training, it was really funny and a good evening was had by everyone filled with plenty of laughs! I was surprised by how easy what we need to do is, things like walk in a straight line, halt and carry on walking (on or off the lead rope). Then it also included knowing why it is safer when riding on the rode to go with an adult. Know different colours of horses and ponies, and how to untie a horse/pony. 

The only thing that I really struggled with was the getting on receiving a leg up as this is something that I have not had to do in ages, (the joys of using a mounting block), in fact I haven't had to do it for four or five years. So that was quite funny but I was happy that I actually managed to do it, it proved to me that I can still do it, which I didn't think that I could do. 

The actually test is next monday so I've got a week to go, but I am back at the stables on saturday and Thursday as I'm going up to help out which I love doing! Now it's the summer and I have got no exams I have so much more time to spend looking at horse things and doing horse things which is awesome! I also have more time to meet up with friends, to read books and to slowly getting back in to doing some art work. I also can't wait to be going to uni in the autumn as long as I get the right grades which hopefully I will have done but I won't know for another two months! 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...