Skip to main content

a great day was had by all

This morning I went up to my stables to help out again, there was three of us there (Barry, Fiona and I) so we knew that we would be able to do things quicker than normal. My mum and I over slept so I was 15 minutes late but Fiona didn't mind, we turned the horses out and then had a good laugh while we were mucking out stables, we started at opposite ends with the plans to meet in the middle. Fiona offered that if I would like to I could ride Gatsby this afternoon so of course, I said yes.

I went home at about 10am and then helped my mum and uncle doing the shopping, after we had done that I went to my room with the intention to read a book instead I ended up falling asleep until it was time to go to the dentist. Then after the dentist I went back up to the stables, Fiona, Elaine and I bought all the horses in, giving them their feed and taking their fly rugs off. When we had done that (we missed feeding Gatsby, Rascal and Little Rocky) I groomed and tacked up Gatsby to ride him in the school and Kelly tacked up Rascal and Elaine got Little Rocky for them to go for a trip around the block which was really cute, it was little and large with one a shetland and the other a 16.3hh Irish sports horse. I'd been riding for about 10 minutes when Fiona came down to join me, she was riding her horse Vettie. It amazed me watching them work because they looked so good and it all looked so easy, if only I could ride like that! I spent half an hour just working in walk, making sure to get plenty of work done in the outline and him moving forward nicely and actively. It amazed me that because I was wearing my belt (that holds my pelvis in the right place) Gatsby responded so differently. He was more active and more willing to go in an outline. I included lots of transitions and circles as well as some serpentines. When I got off I put Gatsby in his stable and we gave the other three their food. We put their haynets up and made sure that they were all sorted ready for bed for the night.

Tomorrow I've got another ride on Gatsby (my weekly lesson), then Monday it's pony club!

Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...