Skip to main content

First Lecture and workshop

So today is the first day that I am actually coming on my computer to do my post the past few nights I've been loading blogger up on my phone and then typing my post on that then going straight to sleep. So I haven't actually been reading any body elses blog. Well that changed today I caught up on what everybody has been up to. 

This morning I had my first actual workshop for my second Module. I was looking forward to it but at the same time as it's more a fine art module I was nervous about the drawing that we had to do but I really like the work that we had to do. We started off in our studio space and then we had to do 8 drawings marking the journey that we were going on. It could be anything from rubbings, marking, views out of the windows or people walking around. It could also be done in any material that we wanted to so I used a combinations of pens and a HB pencil. It was really fun and at the end I got some great feedback and also got told that lots of the things that I did in individual drawings I could actually combine into one drawing. So I was really happy with this it went so much better than I expected it to. 

Then this afternoon we had our first lecture none of us where really sure what it was going to be on so we were all interested in what it was going to be and in the end it was something that I found really interesting as it was based on a type of photography. Pinhole Photography. This isn't something that I know a lot about but it is something that I WOULD like to know more about. For the majority of it we got to see lots of different images that were done using a pin hole camera but the guy that had come in to do the lecture also bought in several of his 'pinhole cameras'. He was really interesting and I liked that he did things that were so random. Even though it's not a style that I would use a lot I LOVED that he thought outside of the box and I Think that is the main thing that I am going to take away with me. 

Until Tomorrow 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...