Skip to main content

A surprise visit from my little man!

Today has been an interesting but long day. This morning we were supposed to be doing group seminars, however there was on one of our lecturers in so they were not able to get around the whole group. So I did another page in my sketch book, tomorrow I plan on doing two or three pages in my other sketch book. I was looking at eyes this time. 

Then during my lunch break I came home and was surprised by the fact that my sister had come over, this of course meant lots of photographs of my baby nephew! He's growing so quickly it doesn't seem like almost two years since he was born. We played on my drum kit, looked at my brothers bike and cuddled lots of cute teddy bears. We tried to teach him some of the colours off something that my mum had and of course we got to eat cake (carrot cake). Although he refused to it until I tried some so I ate some even though I hate carrot cake!  

Then it was time to go back to Uni and we had a life drawing class. Everyone found it incredibly awkward to start with, it's not every day a naked lady poses and you draw them! But I really enjoyed it I learnt how to draw people which is something that I never thought that I would be able to do. I found once I started looking at the basic shapes that make up a person I found that it went really well, not at all what I expected. I might even post some pictures of it tomorrow although I will warn you they are not very good! 

Now on to some photographs that I have taken of Brody :) 

Erm why are you pointing that camera at me? He looks so much older, kids grow so fast, you can even see 'bear' in the background. 

'ohhh Gran Gran brought me a car/truck'. He was so excited by it, he's such a lovely little fella. 

He's got such a sweet angelic face, he looks so cute! He's always so fun to photograph I think he's really photogenic. 

He got really excited about my camera, he always likes to try and figure out how it works.  
Brody's photo of his mum! My sister would probably kill me if she knew I'd put this photo on but Brody took it and I think that it's a good photo. A look of pure concentration. 

Mummy and Baby you can see how much they love each other, he is definitely a mummy's boy. 

Not the best quality photograph but Brody with the 'bears' as you can probably tell he likes the bears!   
He is fascinated by my brothers new motor bike, when we tried to take him away from it he threw a fit. 

Love seeing this look on his face, my sister put him on my brothers motor bike and he put his hands straight on the handle bars and then got all excited! Whats better than a motor bike for a little boy? 

It makes me laugh how big he makes the bike look (I mean it's big to start with but it looks massive). I can see someone having a liking for bikes in the future after all he already likes cars. 
By the way, I've set up a tumblr account that will run along with this blog. It's going to be for when I have spare time and just posting photo's on it of all sorts, of course the photo's will still be on here to but feel free to check it out. Here's the web address - www.thewaytoheavenisonhorseback.tumblr.com 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...