Skip to main content

Another Uni Day.

It's odd to think that I've been at Uni for a month now, I've slipped really easily in to the swing of things and am really enjoying it, not only have I done things that I've not done before (Lino Prints), I have also met new people. I feel like I'm starting to enjoy doing art again and where as before my mind had a mental block on art ideas I now can think of plenty.

This morning I had off and then I had a lecture in the afternoon. This morning I spent some time getting work done, I had a lie in first though! We got given a 'homework' last week for our visual technologies where we had to use collage. This was the only thing that we got told the rest of it was down to us, we could be as creative as we wanted. So with the help of my mum and the cricut cutting machine, I made a collage that had a series of layers. I used two photos and got two different designs while cutting. The idea was that for each photo there would be one that had the layers building up and getting smaller as they got higher and the other did the opposite. I think that it worked quite effectively, once I figured out how to do it with the 3D foam tape. 


I can't really describe it but heres a picture of it! I just to use animals as the area that we were cutting away because the photo's themselves show a change in the time of the year and of course I'm interested in animal photographs so I wanted to link the two. 
Then this afternoon we had a lecture with a guy called John Hilliard. He was really interesting, he's a contemporary photographer and a lot of his work uses the idea of multiple exposures. Whether it be with two, three or four images. This is something that I am really interested in and would like to explore in the future! Other pieces of his work just looked at different aperture, focus point, exposure and lens shutter speeds. The work that he showed us I enjoyed but I found it interesting that all of it was done using an analog camera. However some of his work he wants to be quite confrontational and to provoke an emotion, I noticed this more so in the Q&A interview than when he was speaking freely about his work. 

This evening I have done some more sketches towards my photography module. I will upload them tomorrow, I've used sketches to look at different types of composition. 

Tomorrow I have my photography module either all day or part of the day. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...