Skip to main content

Catch up Part Two

Tuesday I had my second lecture it was based on colour but the interesting thing was it wasn't just how other colours effect each other but it was optical illusions. We had to think about how things like shapes, tones and shadows will effect how colours look. I found it really interesting and I think that I will have to think more about how I use colour in photography but also which colours I chose to use. That afternoon I didn't have any lectures so went out with my mum to get some ideas on how I can make my own masquerade mask and I also bought some things for that, but more on that another time! 

Wednesday was a more eventful day again I was only in in the morning but it was a longer session. We were looking at portrait work and drawing ourselves. We got given four sheets of A2 paper, and got told that we had to draw one quarter of our face at a time. The catch was we couldn't look at the other quarters while we were doing it. Each one was an individual drawing. We had to remember what proportions that we would use so that when we had finished all four drawings they would hopefully match up. While I didn't get my proportions right on mine I did manage to get them to almost match u, which I was quite surprised by! 

This was my four drawings, you can see that they almost line up.  Our homework for this was that when we had got time we were to alter anything that doesn't look ride. For example the nose and lips on this are far too smile so that is something that I will need to change. I will post an image when I have altered it.
Next Time - Thursday's photography module 
Until Then 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...