Skip to main content

Catch up time Part One.

On Monday was the start of my second proper week at University. In the morning we had a lecture on colour. It was things that were quite simple to understand but at the same time could advance the way that we think about doing our particular work, whether it be art, fashion or photography. It was looking at things like advancing and receding colours, cool and warm colours and complementary. 

In the afternoon there was a fair bit of sitting around as this week there was only one teacher when normally there would be two teachers. During this session Rodger came around every person in the group and talked to them about their work. Asking what their ideas were and where they would like to head with their final piece. Part of my work is photographs with drawings on the top of them so he suggested an artist that I could look at. 

In the evening I had Pony Club, as the weather was still Sunny (although it did drop Chilly) we all sat outside and Fiona and Elaine showed us there First aid boxes. Elaine's was massive and it interested me that a lot of the things that were in it where things that people would use. Like nappies, cold bandages for people things like that. We then got to have a go at bandaging a knee or Hock. I chose to do Gatsby's knee. The funny thing was at one point everyone wanted Gatsby and now it's back to just me trying to get him, which is nice but odd at the same time. The first bandage that I did was a black one and we all decided that we couldn't really see properly. So then we switched it to a lilac fleece bandage that had snow men all over them! They looked so cute but funny at the same time. We then groomed the horses and put them to bed. During the majority of the evening we bought Little Rocky out so that he got some company as he is still struggling with being on his own. Two of the younger girls practiced doing bandages on Little Rocky and then groomed him and I think he did enjoy some of the attention. 
I saw this cute photo on Instagram and really liked it. Think it's a good quote to cheer you up when your having a bad day :) 
These show my four attempts at doing a bandage with the cute snowmen bandage wraps. The biggest picture is the last attempt that I had at doing his knee bandage. 
Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Glad your week has gone well. I love that quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote was so true. When I first started jumping I was so nervous (ok still am), but there was a little girl watching from another trainer's horse, and she got all excited and started talking about how cool it was and how much she wanted to try. Always show your best, you never know who's watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a quote that I think will stick with me because its so true. On the last own a pony day I had all the little kids watching me jump gatsby and they were so sweet after and at pony club when we are riding people are watching then too. It always pushes me to be the best rider i can be

    It sounds like you have come a long way with your riding and becoming more confident

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

45. The move

6.45am - I got woke up, I was not happy to be woken up, I'd been dreaming about this move the whole night and I was beyond exhausted. I didn't go to sleep until quite late and then I was up, I'd set out all my clothes the night before for me and Jack so that we could just get up in the morning and go.  7am - Got to the yard, NOBODY was there which was exactly the way that I wanted it to be. I mucked out his stable at the old yard for the last time ever. I made sure that the stable was really clean and that I hadn't left anything in it. I loaded up the last few things in the car and we were ready to go. I received a lovely text from my riding teacher saying good luck today and that she knew that I would be fine, this gave me a real confidence boost as my riding teacher knows me better than anyone (horse wise) and she believed in me. Along with my mum, dad and boyfriend.  Do you think we had enough hi-viz on I was taking no chance that magic was going to not be ...

My Dream Barn

So the other day I saw someone who did a post like this and thought why not, I might as well do one, even if I can't afford it I can still day dream, right?  My dream barn would be open and spacious, I love the wood look and how natural it appears to be but can also look really fancy/sophisticated. I also like the idea of the stables being in a U shape with doors and windows facing inwards so all the horses can see each other. I love the stable image above, I love how lit up they are the wooden look to them and the way the stable doors are. I'd also like it so that some of the stables had runs going out the back so that the horse could choose whether to be inside or outside. I also really like how the bottom of the stable walls are a stone wall.  If the stalls were inside I'd love them to look like this, I again love the wood look but I also really like how open everything is. I like how everyone can see everything and how it has the chance for the horses...