Skip to main content

Sunshine Award

I just got the sunshine award from Paola's Horse Blog, once again thank you, I really really appreciate it! 

The sunshine award is for people who 'positively and creatively inspire others in the blogoshpere'. The nominee of the award must do the following, thank the person who nominated them, nominate ten bloggers of her own, answer the ten questions given to her and post them and add the Sunshine Award Button to her blog. 

Here are the questions and my answers. 

  1. Mares or Gelding? Personally I'm a geldings fan every time that I have rode a mare something goes wrong, so I'm going to stick with my geldings! 
  2. English or Western? English for me! I've always wanted to try riding western but I have never done it, maybe one day I will but I do love Dressage! 
  3. Do you prefer younger or older horses? Erm... I don't have a preference as long as I get on well with the horse and know that I can trust them that's all that matters. I ride Vettie who is 20+, Gatsby who is 14 and I have rode other horses that are in between or younger than this. 
  4. Have you trained a horse from ground zero? No but I would love to try it.
  5. Do you prefer riding or ground work? I love both, I think ground work can really build up the trust level between the horse and owner. I also love the time that you can just spend grooming. I do love riding, I love the fact that Gatsby helps me become more confident in riding but also other aspects of my life. 
  6. Do you board your horse or keep him at home? I don't have my own horse but one day I will do. 
  7. Do you use all natural things or just commercial stuff (the products you use)? When I get my horse I'd want to use more natural things just because I don't like a lot of chemicals. 
  8. All tacked up or bareback? I've never rode bareback but would love to try it. I like riding without stirrups so will have to wait and see what the future holds. 
  9. Equestrian role model? Good one, but without a doubt Carl Hester! This rider is so inspiring, his whole career and life story makes me want to try more. I think he's a very talented rider and would love to be able to ride like that. But also Fiona, my riding teacher, she's really helped to build my confidence and make me a better rider and if I can do that for somebody else it would be amazing. 
  10. What's your one main while being in the horse world? To have my own horse and have a strong bond with them. Being able to compete would be great but for me it's all about finding that one horse. The horse that I feel like I can do anything with. 
I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to ask new questions or just stick with these ones? So I'll stick with these ones! 

Now on to my nominee's 

  1. Jen at Cob Jockey
  2. Shelley at Diary of a hunter Princess.
  3. Hillary at Equestrian at Hart
  4. Nicku at Polka Dot Periodical
  5. L.Williams at Viva Carlos
  6. Karley at All In
There are so many blogs that I love to read but these are just a few of my favourites.

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...