Skip to main content

Emotional few days

Hiya guys, 

Well I've not got much to tell you when it comes to the riding side of life, because it's not going too well at the minute. 

Friday I took a trip to Devon, with my boyfriend, his mum and dad. You might all be thinking about that was nice, well I can tell you it now that it wasn't. Before Jack and I got together he was an idiot and got himself in to loads of trouble. That ended up in him having to go to court. Well on Friday he got sentenced to two years, he got 87 days taken off because of the amount of time that he had been on tag, and got told that he would only do 9 months. However if he is well behaved there is a possibility that he'll do just under 7 months and be out before christmas. It's hard and I miss him like mad but I know that one day sooner or later he'll be back and when he is back we can continue on with our lives and get things on track and to where we want them to be. 

Saturday I tried to ride Gatsby but the weather was against me, then with everything that had happened on Friday I was also feeling incredibly emotional. I got off twice because it wouldn't stop raining and the wind was also starting to get to the point of it being unsafe to ride in. I didn't really have a lesson on Saturday, it was more a chance for me and Gatsby to do what we wanted and to be just us, and I really appreciated that Fiona let me have the time that I needed with my big fella. For the last 20 minutes of my lesson I curled up in Gatsby's stable with him (the end of the lesson got cancelled because of the weather). He made me feel a lot better and calmer. I don't know how he does it but he always seems to manage it. 

But anyway, I'm off to bed now. 

Night y'all 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Aww, I hope things get better for you! Horses do have that calming effect, that's what I love about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about what happened to your boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, as gutted as I am that he's not here, I can't blame anyone but himself, but we will get through this and we will be stronger by the end of it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horses are the best therapy!! Sorry about your boyfriend being sentenced. It sucks that so many young people don't think about the consequences of their actions, but it's very common and it will all be okay. He will serve his time and learn a lot I'm sure, then it will all be over and he can continue to turn his life around. It may seem like a long time, but it's definitely not the end of the world. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice comments! He deserves the time he got for what he did and I know he'll learn from his mistakes. I'm hoping this will do him some good and he will use the time to get a job and some more education. Will the time a parts horrid I know it will be worth it in the end!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...