Skip to main content

22nd November 2014 - Riding Gatsby AND….

Hiya Everyone, 

Well it's been a while since I post but things have been really hectic, between Uni and Riding there is not much time for anything else. So first of all I thought I would tell you all about riding Gatsby and a special surprise ;). 

Well i started off my lesson riding my all time favourite Gatsby, we decided that we were going to work on riding without stirrups as this is something that I was doing a lot of but haven't done in a while and seen as I'm feeling a lot more confident I decided that it was time to do it again and I have video's for you all :). We warmed up in walk and trot, doing small amounts of leg yield and working on keeping both Gatsby and I straight. The outline came a lot easier this time, and we managed to get it in walk and trot and best of all we were maintaining it through transitions and for the majority of the hour. (See the video's below), 





Then after riding Gatsby I got a ride on the lovely horse that can be seen below. This is Mr. Tubs who is Elaine's horse. He is a lovely cob with a great temperament and very forward. He is a completely different ride to Gatsby and in many ways I find Gatsby a lot easier to ride than Mr. Tubs but I do enjoy riding Tubby, he's great. We got a few moments in the outline but I just need to adjust more to riding him, he's the type of horse that needs to be rode a lot straighter, he tends to drop out through his right shoulder. We even did a small amount of trot (but I didn't get this on video).




 

These two horses are so very different to ride but I really enjoyed it. Elaine and I have even said that we will be swapping more often, so we both can get used to riding other horses. I think it will be really fun and next week we will be working on canter work. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream - Amber

Comments

  1. Welcome back!! Those are great videos. You and Gatsby look so great. You have such great posture! Gatsby is so gorgeous. What breed is Tubby? He's so chunky!! I love your trainer's accent and I appreciate her tip about keeping our hands closer. I've been so bad about having my hands too wide with Chrome lately hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to always ride with really wide hands but she likes to remind me not to, it's taken me two years to get it right but i managed it in the end, it's always my leg and hands she reminds me about! aww thank you so much, i love gatsby, we normally work well together :D. i'm not sure what breed Tubby is i will have to find out and ask!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...