Skip to main content

Blog Hop - What will you NOT do?

So Equestrian Journey has started this cool blog hop CLICK HERE about what we will not do with our horses, 'We all like to share on our blogs what we do with our horses and what we would like to do, but I want to know what you will NOT do.  For example I will not carry a bag of feed into the middle of a herd of horses, especially if I don't know some of them.  I will not teach my horse to rear on purpose.  I will not ride my horse into a field full of loose horses that could kick me in the leg and break it.  Things like that.  I look forward to hearing what you have to share!  I could probably think of more examples, but I need to go to sleep.  :)' 

So here is what I will not do with a horse (any horse not just mine). 


  • I would never teach a horse to rear on command, to me it's just really dangerous and something that I do not want to do. 
  • Unless I absolutely had to I would not keep my horse in a stable 24/7 (this would only happen for medical purposes where it is beneficial to the horse).
  • I would not ride without a helmet. Don't get me wrong if I was doing a fancy photo shoot I probably would get on without a helmet but that wouldn't really be riding to me. 
  • I would not put my horse in a situation that they are uncomfortable in, just because I want to do something doesn't mean I will do it, if the activity was going to cause pain to my horse then it is not worth it. My horses health and happiness comes first. (e.g. when Gatsby had a bad back his jumping was restricted and no cross country was done)
  • I would not put my happiness before my horses health. 
  • I would not keep my horse in an unsafe field or stable (e.g. barb wire for fencing). 
  • I will never eat horse, the idea just makes me feel so sick! 

There might be other things that I would not do but right now I can't think of them, if I do think of more in the future I will be sure to add them :). I'm not by any means begin judgemental on any of the people that do the above things these are just my own in opinions on what I would not be happy doing! 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream! 

Comments

  1. Great answers! I have to agree with them. :D Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its okay :D i love your blog and this seemed like a cool idea!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...