Skip to main content

Busy but productive day at the stables

Today has been a good day but a long day at the stables, I got there for 9.30 this morning to help Fiona out and Suzanne came up to help out too. We had all the horses to muck out and the weather was horrible, it was chucking it down. I mucked out Little Rocky, Percy, Gatsby, Soly and Sam's stable. I then put in their stables Gatsby (the trouble maker), Sam, Vettie, Chloe, Fussy, Rosie and then Fiona did the others. We then started debating bedding, for the past few months the stables have had straw pellet bedding in, but it looks dirty all the time. Yes it's easier to muck out but it doesn't look good. Thursday Fiona decided to put in Bliss bedding, this looks amazing, and smells clean and fresh BUT is a nightmare to muck out, it takes forever, it clumps together and you end up taking to much of the bedding out. So we're going back to using Aqua max bedding at the minute. That looks clean and fresh and is easy to muck out but it's expensive! 

After I'd finished helping out in the morning (about 12.30/1pm) I went home for a few hours before being back for my lesson at 3.50 for half an hour. I got to ride Vettie and we did get some really good work, we had nice transitions, with lots of energy and lift. We spent the majority of the lesson working in an outline, even on his bad rein. Vettie is stiffer to the left (he's 25) so normally the outline is harder to get to the lift however today I found that the outline for me was easier to get going to the left because I didn't need to use my left shoulder as much (which I was really struggling with, I need to strengthen my left arm). I was really happy with the work that we did, we even did circles were we made the circle smaller by leg yielding in to the middle then made it bigger by leg yielding back out. It all worked so well and I'm so happy with it. 

At Pony Club we were working on the training for the E test, which gave me the opportunity to get on Gatsby. I was only on Gatsby for 10-15 minutes but it felt amazing. Gatsby was supple, soft and working really well in an outline. We worked in an outline the whole way through it. We were only really doing beginner work (walk and trot in a straight line, on or off a lead rope). For the rest of pony club we laughed and joked and skipped out the rest of the stables. We had a really good time and I really enjoyed it.
Just because my chinchillas are super cute, Bruce is on the top sitting on the house thing, and Patrick is trying to climb out the cage, this is always what these two are like. But I LOVE them! 

I have no idea what the plan is for tomorrow I know I officially start working at my stables on Wednesday and I am pretty sure that I have my nephew coming over on Wednesday. 
And of course if I put up photographs of the Chinchillas then I can not miss out a photograph of the puppy dog, Angel kept me company for a while in bed last night. She was very warm and I appreciated the little hot water bottle ;D 

I saw Jack yesterday too, only 30 days until he's home :). 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great lesson. :D Also funny to know you call the dog a hot water bottle too! I thought I was the only one who did that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I can't believe someone else calls there dog a hot water bottle, my boyfriend always looks at me like I am completely insane when I call Angel a hot water bottle, it's funnier when I do it about his two dogs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...