Skip to main content

Photographs and Explanations.

Well the blog front is still being quiet because at the moment I haven't got a lot going on to do with horses. After losing my job at the stables due to ill health and working a part time delivery job with my boyfriend to make ends meet I'm back to being at the stables once a week and this week that didn't even happen, due to Fiona's ill health. So I've seen a few people commenting not knowing much about my ill health with my stomach so I thought I'd spend this time sharing with you some photographs taken by my amazing mum and boyfriend and explaining more about my stomach problems. 

So for those of you that don't know I have struggled with my stomach on and off since 2006 (when I was in year 7, 11 years old I think). Everyone thought that I was just complaining about having stomach ache because I didn't want to go to school, teachers tried blaming it on 'being bullied' or that I didn't like the lessons. Doctors kept telling me that it was growing pains and eventually 'you'll grow out of it' but to this day I never have done. I get a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach and behind my bottom left ribs, some days it's bare able other days I physically can't move or go any where. On top of this at my worst points I physically can not eat and end up being sick every time I try. I've been in hospitals for days and weeks on end, when they discovered my stomach problems caused a liver problem. I've also been diagnosed with endometryosis (not entirely sure how you spell that one to be honest). For the past couple of years my stomach has been fairly calm, I've still had the bad patches where I can't really do anything but that's been mainly when I've been stressed out. At one point last year I was even off all the tablets that I had been on, and I was buzzing cause it was the first time in a long time that I had been off them. However I am now in the process of going through more and more tests to try and discover what has caused this flair up. So that's my brief overview or history of my stomach. 

Now on to the fun part, here's some more photos from Gatsby and I's last lesson. 

Aha Gatsby is looking at me as if to say how many layers do you want to have on? 



First attempting at doing leg yield this one was not particularly successful. 


Actually managed to get a photograph were you can see the crossing over of Gatsby's legs while doing leg yield, compared to our first attempts this shows how much we are coming on.


Attempts at shoulder in. 



Our last attempt at shoulder in. 
Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream - AmberRose. 

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you've had so many problems with your stomach. I've had problems with mine almost my whole life. I had such bad problems with constipation that I was nauseous 24/7 and in pain a lot. My pain was usually on my right side just behind my last rib (the pain was so bad I would lay in the floor for hours). Mine doesn't sound as bad as yours though because I could still eat (not during the attack, but later I could), although not much. What I finally found out a big part of my problem was is celiac disease. When I stopped eating gluten (wheat) I am no long nauseous!! I went from 24/7 nausea for years to none at all within a week. I still get constipated sometimes, but my thyroid medicine can cause that so I use magnesium to help when things get uncomfortable. From what I've heard endometriosis can cause all sorts of pain... I don't know how that is treated... I hope you find some relief because that sounds absolutely miserable. I feel for you because I know what it's like to deal with ill health (that nobody else can see and so don't accept and aren't forgiving about) for years and years. I feel like a brand new person since I stopped eating gluten. Now if I can find a cure for my anxiety I'll be all set lol. Anyway since you're having to have a lot of tests done, it wouldn't hurt to ask them about a celiac test. I hope you feel better soon!

    I love the pictures!! He is so gorgeous. It's fun seeing the progress of your leg yield in pictures. Keep up the great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hardest being ill at school because i missed a lot of time, i'm doing much better now though,after I ended up in a&e, I've been to my doctors and sorted out getting an implant for my endometryosis so that it's one less tablet to remember and i'm controlling the pain with tramadol until I go to my hospital appointment the middle of next month! Thank you Gatsby is wicked!

      Delete
    2. That's good! I'm glad things are a bit better now. I hope the implant gives you a lot of relief. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...