Skip to main content

51. No Pain, No Gain.

This has literally been me today, my mum did Magic this morning as she does him every morning when I have a riding lesson (So really just saturdays). My riding lessons have also now moved to 10am instead of being in the middle of the day. My ribs were killing me and I hadn't really been sleeping very well but I knew that I just needed to get on with it as the old saying goes no pain, no gain. I went up for my lesson with Magic and it was really really good. I enjoyed riding him. We did quite a bit of canter work and Fiona says that my dressage level is in between intermediate and medium. I could ride a prelim test with ease and she thinks that I will slowly be moving up. We did lots of work on getting Gatsby to actually work in a canter in the outline, which hasn't been easy but it was fun. Even though my ribs were killing me because they were in spasm it was a lot easier for me to keep my position in the right place so while I hated the pain it actually worked out really well for me :). We did figure of 8 canter transitions, in the middle of the school we would come back to halt, rein back four strides, hold still for a few moments and then pick up the canter from walk. He soon started to predict this but when he got to this point we changed it and just picked different points to canter at. 
Magic out in the field, he's such a happy boy these days :) 
After I had rode Gatsby, I took Jack to work and then I went to see Magic. I gave him some fuss and love but I was starting to really hurt so once I had done this I popped him out in the field on his own for a few moments. He was out for about 10-20 minutes but you could see that he wanted to come in so that was fine and I bought him back in before going home and getting some sleep. 
Making friends or at least trying to, I'm sure we'll get there one day :) 
After doing that I went back up to feed Magic, I'll be honest I didn't really do a lot with him today as I was just to tired and in fair to much pain. I did some of the parelli work with him but we need to get better at the 'back' part of the porcupine game when we are in the stable. As he tends to just want to ignore that but we will work on it. We might not be perfect but we are slowly getting there. I then put his food in and friendly gamed him for a little while so that he could get used to the feel of it. I then needed to put his new hay net up and where he is in the stable is a little bit hard to get it up without being cornered by him. So i was a little apprehensive as to what he would do, but I will give him the credit that he was AMAZING! yes he stamped his foot but he didn't try and kick and when asked to move over he did move over so I was really proud of the little scruff ball. Like i've said we might not be perfect but damn we're trying our best. But for now I'll leave you with this picture. 
Part of the herd that he will be going out with all posing nicely, then there is magic hiding away he does make me chuckle :) 

Until next time 
Amber and Magic 

Comments

  1. Hehe that last picture is so cute. It's okay to give him a day off when you're hurting too much. I've learned that it's better for me to not try to work through pain most days because it never goes well lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that, when i'm having a day where I am warn out and tired and in lots of pain i never get the results out of magic that I want to, so i just have that day off and start again the next day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...