Skip to main content

8. New year, new start?

Every year it gets to the new year and people go it's a 'fresh start' or it's a 'new me' however personally I don't always think this is true, so that's why this year I haven't said that all I have said it's time to improve myself. Last year and to be honest the year before have not been good years for me, but I'm not going to let that hold me back anymore! 

So on to my news, Magic is doing really well. He actually managed to go out in the field for a small amount of time today, still not with others, but he was out in a field being a normal horse. The vets came to see him on friday and said that he's looking great! They were really happy with his progress, he's now completely off all of his medication and while he's really to be on minimal turnout for at least the next two weeks it's a step in the right direction. We've got to do lots of walking in hand, lots of just in hand things bascially. He's now also been bridled and for the past week has walked out in hand with a bridle on and he has taken to it really well. He's been such a good boy and tomorrow i'll be able to check on him while i'm not there, this is due to the fact that he'll be having my present put up in his stable. I've got a web cam type camera to put up in his stable that allows me to be able to check on him while i'm not there. He'll be walked in hand more, he'll go over the poles more, soon I will start to give him proper turnout and slowly increase the amount of time that he's allowed to be turned out for. Then once he has been turned out he will have to come in for half an hour or so while the others are out, so he stays used to the fact that he can come in while the others are still out, then I'll pop him back out again, I think this will do him lots of good. 

So on to my news, I'm hopefully going to be moving and starting a new job soon, it's quite a long story as to how the opportunity came about, but I have been offered a job by a lovely lady as a live in groom, i'll get paid my wages and then i'll have livery for two horses, my accommodation and bills paid for and I just need to buy my food, as well as plenty of room for my two dogs to run around! The place that I am moving to will have 42 stables and is roughly 43 acres, Jack has also been offered a job for maintenance. So we will both be working, and I'll also get to be around my horse more. As long as all goes to plan we will be moving around the end of march. 

Anyway I'm feeling quite sleepy now and I am having quite a rough time with my stomach, so for now I'm off to get some sleep and chill out. Until Next Time. 
Amber, Magic, Casper and Diesel. 

Comments

  1. I'm glad magic is making progress!! That stable cam sounds awesome!! Would be so cool to be able to see what our equines get up to when we aren't around and to be able to check on them easily. Your new job sounds perfect!! Hope it all works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it is such a relief that he is finally feeling better, the stable cam is great and is being put up tomorrow! so will post pictures so you can see what it's like! i'm fascinated to know what he is up to when i'm not there the cheeky chap! thank you so much! it's a really bright start for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good way to put it improving yourself I like that! Sounds like a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that new year will add best things in your life and you will be able to achieve your goals that you could not achieve in 2016. buy dissertations online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...