Skip to main content

a not so serene sunday

Another hectic day, I really can't wait to be able to write you all a post when I can literally just sit here and say today I had a quiet day and it felt great! Who knows maybe we will get there one day! When I woke up this morning diesel was still yelping and obviously in pain so I rang the vets back up and got him an appointment. My mum picked us up to go to the vets and I had to carry the puppy all the way down stairs as he just couldn't manage stairs.

When we got to the vets the poor little man had the worst of times, I advised them that while he's not nasty he was in a lot of pain and when you looked at his paw he likes to chew it so that it might be best for now to muzzle him. Well that was an ordeal in itself after being told to force him in to a corner and trying it their way. I eventually discovered that my way much easier (which I think I already knew it would be) and that calm, quietly, slowly and freedom of choice was a much better option. They then needed to look at his paw, which even going near it sent him spinning in circles and yelping and no matter how tight I held on (with no help at all) he just wiggled his way out of it. Eventually a vet got a nurse who knew better than I did of the best place to grip him to come and hold him, although I'd be lying if I said that they didn't get a few choice words off me in the process! They eventually decided that his nail needed to be removed as it was stripped down and completely detached which meant he would need to be sedated. I agreed to this and agreed to waiting in the room for him, when he eventually came out he looked completely drunk, and was breathing really fast, the vet went to get his pain killers and then explained that he'd bled quite a bit due to the fact his blood pressure was so high cause he was pumping that much adrenaline around his body and that he'd been fighting the anaesthetic the whole time so not to be surprised if he flaked out. Well when we got in the car he decided the safest place and happiest place for him was to curl up on my knee and just lie there, which is exactly what he did the whole way home. Once I'd got him settled in his bed with plenty of water, we then headed over to my mums for lunch.

When we got home we decided that it was time to just chill out with the dogs and have a relaxing evening now this part did go to plan! Tomorrow is going to be another hectic day as I have got to ring the estate agents to get them to attempt to sort my house out although I have no doubt that they will fail to do it and if this is the case I will then be ringing up environmental health because I really am starting to think that this house just isn't safe to live in. Everything seems to be falling apart and I really have got to the point where I have just had enough. So for now I'm off to curl up with the puppy watch heartland and browse to see what houses are available for moving closer to magic!

Until Next Time
Amber, Capser, Diesel and Magic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...