Skip to main content

Finally County Show Update

So yesterday was Derbyshire County Show which I was just watching, not competing in, yet anyway! Hopefully when I have my own horse I will be, but that is a story for another time, right now its this years county fair that we should be talking about.

So we left at 8:30 in the morning to get there for roughly 9:00, I was supposed to be going with my mum, sister, nephew and her boyfriend, but they didnt go and I'm glad because I had a good time with my mum even though it was cold, windy and wet!

First of all we started off by watching some of the show jumping, there was some amazing horses and they all looked so good, they had amazing strides and jumped perfectly. I felt so sorry for this one girl because as the came up to this one jump the horse refused it and she got eliminated, but the wind was picking up at this point. Heres those pictures







Then we did some shopping and i got two new riding hoodies havent got pictures of them yet but i will do soon so will put them up when i have them. After that it was time to sit by the main ring ring and watch the monster trucks! One was called Big Pete and the other was called the Grim Reaper and the L plate was 'RIP BF' which made me laugh. Then it was time for the best part of the day THE ROCKING HORSE SHOW! The rocking horse show is a stunt group that was amazing it consists of four riders and then five horses, for me it is the highlight of the year and what i took the most pictures of!  They did several different stunts the first one was riding two horses at the same time, and was done by the main guy Guido! Then he jumped two horses over a normal jump then over a jump of fire! After this they did stunts where they would lie across the horses back do shoulder stands, jumping on and off whilest in gallop that type of thing. The funnies thing was when the other guy Dan (its two girls and two guys) tried to be pulled by horse on a skate board, the first time the horse snapped the strap he then tried again and let go of what he needed to hold, and had to wait for the horse to gallop all the way to the others as the horse would be running on its own! It was so funny to watch but got annoyed when he kicked his horse when he wasnt on it! Was not happy! I then met all the other guys from the show, at the end when we went to stroke the horses, and i said to Guido ohhh hes so cute, he replied 'Yeah so cute rearing up on me' which made me laugh now on to the pictures again :)



























Comments

  1. Everything looks super amazing!! Awesome pics, sounds like a fantastic show.
    Can't wait to see the pictures of your hoodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you was really good, highlight was deffo rocking horse show though :) I'll hopefully put pics of my hoodies up tonight xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow! That was an amazing show! Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :) was really good if you er get a chance to see 'Guido louis' who's the guy from rocking' horse see him, unfortunately this is rockin horses last season. But they'll all still be around doing there own things :) xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...