Skip to main content

advice

This time next year I will have bought my own horse and will have so much more to tell you all, because I plan to keep writing on my blog, and letting you all know about the adventures that I am sure are to come. No-one said anything that was worth having in this life was easy to get, and that is one of the truest quotes that I think I've ever heard. 

Today I downloaded and printed out off the BHS website 'Buying your own horse' it is a guide of things that you need to remember when buying your first horse. I thought that it was really useful and highly recommend it to anyone out there who is buying there first horse. So head over to the BHS website to have a look. 

But I was wondering if any of you had any top tips about owning your first horse? Or the process of buying your first horse? I know it's not going to be a quick process and it's going to take time to find the right horse but I have every faith in myself that I can manage to find myself (with the help of others) my first horse. 

It's only a short post today to ask you for tips/advice on buying and owning your first horse, it would be greatly appreciated. I will have a better post for tomorrow. 

Until Then 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. I bought my first horse, Orion, a little over a year ago! It's expensive not only buying the horse, but buying everything for him/her and paying for board, vet bills, farrier bills, etc.... But if you're up for that, it is TOTALLY worth it!

    My biggest thing, financially anyway, since I got O has been just trying to find the best deals on things for him and figuring out which products he likes the best. Example: I started out buying a bareback pad instead of a normal saddle because it was cheaper, and we pretty much only do trail rides. He has a nylon halter/bridle combo that was only about $15 (I think?). I also have lots of friends who were willing to let me borrow stuff that I didn't have in the beginning.

    I've put pretty much everything that's happened since I bought him on my blog, and there's a tab there that has links to amazon.com for almost everything that I've bought for him. Feel free to check it out for ideas if you'd like. :)

    And if you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :)

    it's been the price that I have been most worried about, if found a really good deal on stabling because at the college i ride part time at, as long as i dont mind them riding him/her i dont pay anything (except vets bills) during the term time and then its £5 a day during the holidays which is a lot cheaper than anywhere else that ive looked at, its a bit further away but works out to be a lot cheater.

    I will deffo have to check out your blog more and read through some of it :) the links to amazon.com sound really really useful thank you so much! I'll keep in mind that i can ask any queestions cause I am more than likely to come up with something that I dont know the answer to!

    I've always wanted a horse since i was little and have been promised one off my dad but it's never happened, then a really good family friend promised me one and that never happened either so I came to the conclusion the only way that i will get one is if i buy my own!

    Thankyou for taking the time to comment xxx :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...