Skip to main content

Arthur, Gatsby and new schools

well its taken a while for me to update you all on everything that is going on but the truth is not much has been going on during the holidays and during the first couple of weeks at school but last weekend something horse related finally happened. 

I started my lessons back up at broomfield again, and Gatsby wasn't back! Lauren didn't know where he had gone or why. So I got told that the only horse that i could ride was Arthur, who as I'm sure you all know is someone that I don't get on with but I agreed to ride him and the lesson started off as a bit of an arguement because he didnt want to go one way, and i wanted him to but by the end of the lesson we were co-operating. We did some riding with out stirrups, as well as riding with stirrups of course and we were working on getting the correct seat position, which once you had it was great and Arthur was much more willing to move. But i still didn't like riding him! 

While i was riding mum and dad were talking to the mum of another daughter that was in the lesson with me and got to find out where Gatsby had gone to, and they told me so after the lesson, we drove to where he was moved to and got to see him :). The next day (Sunday) me and mum went back up to where Gatsby was to ask about having lessons on him up there instead of riding at Broomfield. We found out the prices and also that the person who teaches the lessons (Fiona) was a grand-prix level rider and that afternoon was going to a show with her horse and was hoping to win. We also got to meet Jenny who is Gatsby's owner who seemed really excited that I had managed to find where he had gone and that I wanted to ride him instead of riding at Broomfield. So on monday mum rang Broomfield and was able to get the money back for the course paid and arranged for an hours lesson on Gatsby this Saturday at 1:00pm and also arranged that I would be able to go up and tack him up and groom him before like I used to at Broomfield. So instead of going up for 1:00 i will be going up with my mum and camera for 12:30. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl with A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...