Skip to main content

Changes in Gatsby

Okay everyone I have time to update about the changes in Gatsby before I go up to west hallam this is mainly a pictures post, as it is easier to see from the pictures the changes in him but at the same time there will be bits of information here and there as well :

This picture and the pictures below show Gatsby when he was at Broomfield, while he worked hard and did what he wanted us to do, he was holding his head in a high position and his way to get out of doing work was to shake his head, which ended up being a bad habbit, now Gatsby does not shake his head for no reason as much as he used to, he still does it occasionally but not as much

 The two pictures above show Gatsby in the same position, the first was taken in september and the one below was taken in march i have done this to show how gatsby has put weight on and now looks a lot healthier than he used to. :D

 These last two pictures i have put in to show how gatsby now works in a much more 'rounded outline' keeping his head lower, making him much more balanced. This made him feel a lot better when riding him.The final change in gatsby is the fact that he is now a lot calmer, where as before he used to get really excited and want to rush in to a canter he now is a lot calmer and is still working forward he is not slow or lazy but looks healthier and happier

So when i get back from riding there will be lots more pictures however this time they will be taken from a video of gatsby and i will let you all know what i was doing today

Until then
A Girl With A Dream


Comments

  1. WOW! Big changes but really good ones :)
    He is such a gorgeous horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deffinately in a good way! I'm so glad to see him looking healthier and i think because he is looking healthier he also looks happier :)
    hehe thanks he is stunning :')

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...