Skip to main content

another gatsby day :')

so yesterday I had another riding lesson at west hallam riding school :) it was amazing, when i got there i spent 25 minutes grooming Gatsby and making him all shiny (Although he was extremely shiny before I even did anything). Then I tried to clear his hoofs out but there was no such look it took forever because somehow he had managed to get all little rocks caught up in the mood in his front hooves. They did eventually come out, then i tacked him up and he was very co-operative (putting his head down) cause normally he puts his head up high and when he does this i cant reach his ears. 

To start with we did some warming up, in walk making sure to include the leg-yield in walk so that he would be ready for it when we went in to trot, in walk he was much stiffer although we got a couple of crossovers. Then we went in to trot and he was much better, Gatsby seems to manage things alot better when you did it in trot he seems to find the walk a lot harder and he also seems to go better when he is in the left rein. After this we did some canter, which was the first canter that I had done since Gatsby was at Broomfield in June, the first one was very unbalanced and unconnected and every word you can use to say it was awful we kept dropping out of canter (we went on the left rein first) then on the right rein it was completely different, we managed to do one lap around the school without him stopping, he was calm, and he was collected! 

Then we did something that I have only ever done once before and that was shoulder in. While this is fun to do its also quite complicated to get your brain around it! But we did eventually get there, to do shoulderr in you need to turn your body as if you were going to go across the diagonal and change the rein but then you have to use your outside rein to keep him going down the straight side and nudge him with your inside leg to keep him moving! It sounds complicated but when you get the feel for it its not to bad. We only did this in walk and next week are moving up to doing it in trot! 

That's all for now and I will make sure to post the pictures later. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

P.S. WE MANAGED TO KEEP IN AN OUTLINE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...