Skip to main content

Bareback Riding?

I've always wanted to try riding Bareback but never really had the guts to do it plus I haven't got my own horse to do it with. But recently I have seen lots of people posting about riding Bareback and that they really enjoy it and find it more comfortable but is it really that comfortable? 

I've rode without stirrups in walk and trot, never really tried it in canter, and often think people are made when they do. I found that while being able to stretch when riding without stirrups that I just end up feeling unbalanced, but then I got put off it when I fell off Tuesday doing trotting without stirrups, and have never really tried it again since then. Is it easier to ride bareback than without stirrups? Let me know what you all think please, especially those of you that ride without stirrups or ride bareback? 

until later 
a girl with a dream 

Comments

  1. Bareback can be so much fun, especially if you are on a horse with a big comfy back. It much easier than no stirrups, all about balance.

    Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bareback riding is a lot easier than riding without stirrups.
    I ride bareback all the time its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys thats really helpful :) I've always wanted to try it and recently have been wanting to try it even more than before and I'd love to do it on Gatsby hes a 16.3 hh Irish draught so has quite a big back. Will deffo give it a try now you've told me a bit more about what it is like. My mums going to tell my riding teacher so I might get to try it out this weekend but I'll let you guys know :') thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. IMO, if riding bareback is easier than riding in your saddle without stirrups, then your saddle does not fit you very well and may be compromising your balance even with stirrups.

    My horse does not have a flat, comfy back, but I have enjoyed riding him with a bareback pad. Riding bareback is an excellent test of balance and letting the right muscle groups go with the horse. Cantering is easier than trotting, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my main problem is that when I've tried riding without stirrups I haven't had the best balance because of a stomach muscle i have to my left side i try and protect and then by doing this i become off balanced!

    will have to try riding without stirrups and riding bareback again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...