Skip to main content

Thoughts

Well guys I have been sitting for the past hour trying to figure out what I wanted to put in a post because I am loving being able to update you all on the things that are going on in my life, now while the majority of this post is going to be not horse related by the end of it I am sure that I will have snuck something horse related in to this post

Okay so to start with today was my mock art exam it was a total of 5 hours long, and I have done two of the hours today and then I am going to be doing the other 3 hours. During the mock we are to see how much work we can get done in 5 hours which is a third of the time that I get in my final exam which is going to be 15 hours, I really have no idea how I am going to manage 15 hours, drawing in complete silence with out my phone or an ipod, that could be interesting but that exam isn't til some time in May. However after my broken hand, in may and two christmas' ago when I draw or type for too long my hand starts to hurt.

Then me and my mum went 'swimming' now what I mean by went swimming is that we hid in the Sauna, hot tub and steam room, I'm sure some how it's burning the layers of fat off but I am not really sure. 

Now on to my horse related part of the blog, after doing pole work for my lesson on Saturday I decided that for the first time in a while i really wanted to jump it was something that I was going to do and I was looking forward to doing. So this weekend when Fiona asks me what I would like to do in the lesson is jumping and I am sure that it is something that Gatsby is gong to love doing.

As some of you will know next year I want to go to Derby University to do photography and I have applied and got two interviews for derby on the 17th and then on the 12th I have got an interview to go to DeMontford in Leicester. At DeMontford I have applied for a photography and videography course. You might be wondering what this has got to do with horses? Well for my interview I have to take a portfolio of my work and to do this I actually need video's, so I am going to go up and do some work on making a video, with Gatsby being the subject for my video, by doing this it combines my two favourite things together.

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. 15 hours for an exam?? Yikes! Best wishes for getting your portfolio together the way you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep its split out over three days, but it is going to be so bad. Thank you so much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 hours, holy crap!! Good Luck.

    Jumping is awesome fun. Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :)

    I used to love jumping, but then I came off riding Arthur and ever since then I've been nervous, but I've got Gatsby tomorrow so I am hoping that I'll be less nervous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...