Skip to main content

only a quickie

so today I had my last two university interviews and I am so glad that they are over because before them even though I don't realise it I get worried/nervous/stressed about how they are going to go, and then after being all those things then normally happy at the end of the interview I feel completely shattered and so do I the next day! 

The first interview was for the fine art photography, which was my least favourite of the two courses, but it was another course at Derby (the closest uni to me). However after the interview today even if I get a place on that particular course there is no way that I will be choosing it. To start with they looked at my work and then said to pick which my favourite pieces were and say why they were my favourite this was easy and I found okay, BUT then they started making me feel even more nervous and on edge. They said that my work was confusing... how can photographs be confusing? NO other course has said this! URGHHH!! Then they said that my work wasn't as good as the others so I would need to start on a foundation course or I'd fail, I don't mind being criticized and told how to improve but I do NOT like being told it's not good enough, and being put down! So I left this interview feeling totally down, upset and annoyed.

The second interview that I had was at Derby as well but this was for the commercial photography this was the course that I liked the most, it was the course that I fell in love with on the open day, and the people that when I met I really liked! This course was just calling my name, from the minute that I walked in to the interview I felt a lot happier, I was more relaxed, less on edge and felt happier talking about my work! As my new camera came today I took it with me to play with whilst I was waiting for my turn, this was the ice breaker as one of the guys wanted to know what the camera was like and was taking a look at whether he'd like it or not. They then looked at my photographs and said while they were very good that they could be better, and that I did well teaching myself, they also looked at my art work and said I was a talented artist, which was a huge compliment for me, as recently I haven't been happy with my art at all. They then asked about my chronic pain syndrome, why Derby university, and if I was happy photographing a wide variety of different things which I was. They then asked if I would mind doing a foundation course as this was something that would help me a lot and something that one of the tutors had done when they were a Student in Derby which I found really interesting, and that often the students that do that extra year are the students that make the most out of the course! This was something I didn't mind and agreed with they then said 'when we offer you a place we will take you as long as you do the extra year' and then had to change it and say that they can't say when as they are not allowed to say whether they've agreed or not and that it would be two to three weeks before I would hear back from them. We had a laugh and a joke and the interview became more a chat with people than formal and structures.

Other GOOD news! My camera came today at 9:00am so I have taken some photographs playing around with 'creative mood' and then using the 'selective colour' section I will put the pictures up for you tomorrow! We still have no idea where my camera went on saturday or how it managed to turn up so early this morning, I am just glad to have it and I LOVE it! 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. Well, that's a bummer they made you feel badly about your work - that's not cool. At least you know now which is better then later especially if you ended up in that program.

    Yay for the new camera! Can't wait to see your pictures! Not sure if you follow Kate over at http://greybrookeventing.blogspot.com but she's really into photography and has had a couple of shows with her photos. She's very talented as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Commercial had always been my favourite but after the interview they were even more so, and only helped my decision that I loved commercial photography.

    I haven't got Kate but will head over their and have a look now :) Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...