Skip to main content

Creative Side of Life

so as you all know the past couple of days I have been being creative but have not had the time to put it in a post what it is that I am being creative about, so here is a post dedicated to telling you what it is!

Two days ago I went to look at some boots at Risley Saddlery and decided I didn't like them but thought that whilst I was there I might as well have a look round and see if there was anything else there that caught my eye, my mum and I also needed to look at Jackets because my dad has decided that he wants a Bronte jacket for his birthday but we are going to be ordering that off the internet for him and hope that it comes in time for his birthday which is near the end of January. While I was there I saw these really cute ear fly covers or fly bonnet as it is some times called that you use in riding and put on the horses ears and it keeps the sound out and the flies away, my mum looked at them and said they wouldn't be too hard to Crochet, so I then asked if we could go to Risley and buy some wool, and got black for the majority but then a pink fluffy yarn for the bottom edge at the front! When we got home I spent a while looking on the internet to find a pattern that I could follow that was free and eventually found one that I could use but it was american so I had to keep asking mum to change the stitch names for me and also to teach me how to Crochet as I have never done it before, the first ear I started and then had to do again because i was losing stitches, and splitting stitches however by the time of the first ear second attempt I wasn't doing and by the end of the other ear I was able to do it all on my own! We then had to crochet the crown part to attach the ears together and then had to add a browband to it at both the front and back so that when being used in riding it can be caught under the Bridle keeping it in place! We then Crocheted the rest of it and mum did the bit I couldn't do wear you made it go in to a curve in the middle at the bottom. After this we added the pink yarn. Although we followed a basic pattern there was a few bits that didn't make sense and we had to change, but it worked out in the end and I finished it today! 

You might wonder why I did this? Well the simple reason is it was cheaper to make one than buy one and then it could be personalized to me but at the same time it was one extra thing (in the right size for the size of horse I want) and one step closer to having the things I need/desire for my own horse so that is why I decided to do it. Here's some pictures of it let me know what you think! Also here are two pictures to show you my method of keeping my elbows tucked in!



Here's a picture for you all of what I mean, cause I know they get called a lot of things, the ones above  have fabric for the ears, mine shown below are entirely done by Crochet!

Ears, te one on the left is the one I managed to do on my own!

Front of the finished project!

Back of the finished Project

 Until Next Time 
A girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. Wow! I would never be able to anything like that! How cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love it was my mums idea and it turned out so much better than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sorry to be anonymous but I cant seem to do the name thing. You seem really to have picked this crochet thing up well and quickly. I make lots of things for horses, not to sell but just cos I love them. I think you might like making rope headcollars. look on the net for the instructions, theres a real complicated knot called a fiador knot. its hard, but I bet you could do it. Its great to find someone who likes horses and also making stuff. Love your blog btw, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey its okay I don't mind that its anonymous but i am so glad that you like my blog! I enjoyed crocheting more than i thought I would do, it was soo fun and I didn't find it to hard though got confused in places! I'll have a look on the net after I've wrote this comment cause it sounds like the type ofthing that I would love to do! I like a challenge so i Cant wait to look :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey great job!! These are adorable. If you Google De la Couer they make bonnets and make a tonne of money. Might be a business idea for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks BeBe, I just googled them and they are soo cute! That's a really good Idea might have to talk to my mum about it any extra money would be useful at the minute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...