Skip to main content

Frozen toe's, two horses, wet socks and soo much fun :)

Today I got to work with two different horses, but in total we used four horses. The snow came thick and heavy last night, and at one point riding wasn't an option. The roads were full of snow, you couldn't drive on them and it was just getting worse. This morning mum text my teacher, Fiona, to ask if the lesson was still on and it was, as long as we could get there and mums new car did get us there without complaining about the snow although the roads were no where near being clear.

When we got there I had 40 minutes to play with Gatsby and groom him and it felt weird to groom him with hardly any mud on but it was fun, and he was being playful including letting me stroke his ears which is something he used to love but something he now HATES! He didn't like it but he let me do it and because he did that he got rewarded with lots of Carrots! He was a happy boy after that :'). Then I tacked him up only putting on his boots and borrowing Elaine's horse, Soloman's Lunging Bridle. It was really difficult and to start with I couldn't really figure it out, as I had never lunged before but by the end of it I felt really confident and happy to be doing it, Gatsby was going really well, stretching and putting his head down and really working well eventually I got the hang of how to do transitions with him and I cannot wait to do more Lunge work she even said that I could do it again if there was a day when I felt down and not well with my stomach that I could lunge him instead and do Parelli, which is the next thing that we got to do. 

We then picked out Gatsby's feet making sure that there was no ice left in his hoof so that he wouldn't slip and hurt himself, we then put his stable rug on and his heavier weight rug on to keep him warm while I did some work with Soloman. To start with Fiona showed us about what parelli is and how to do it she went through the seven games with us, she did demonstrations using a horse that she did the breeding of, called Thomas, you could just see the trust and the love between the two of them and it was soo cute to see. She explained about each of the games and then we got a go to try most of the games, it was so fun and I can definately see the advantages of using Parelli, it is something that i had watched on TV but I had never had a go at doing it. I worked with Soloman and also got to chat to Elaine about how long shes had him over all it was a really really good day and something that I would definately really like to do again. Now on to some pictures for you and a Video of me lunging.












Below is also another Edit that I have done as Rosamber Photography, I wanted to show people that you can do alsorts of things and there isn't anything that will be done more than once it would all be unique to you. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream. 

Comments

  1. It does sound like fun but to be honest i would never do parelli with horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun, why wouldn't you do parelli? It was something I never thought about doing, but enjoyed the experience

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...