Skip to main content

Textiles AS is Finally over!

Today was my day for my retake of my AS textiles Exam and I went in feeling confident about it, I had revised a lot this time I knew my stuff and I was ready for whatever was going to come up. I was sitting right at the back of the hall, which i preferred and there wasn't that many people, that were doing other exams, well other than my entire textiles class that was retaking the exam. The first section was really easy and was on fibre's which I had been revising with my mum whilst washing my hair after we had been swimming. The next section that we had to answer was to do with environmental and ethical issues, I also found this quite simple, although with having broken my right hand twice, my hand was really starting to hurt by this point, but I just ignored it and got on with doing my paper that was the important thing. Then the final section was to do with what fibre blends, fabrics, embellishments and fastenings make for a good school skirt, we then had to judge between two skirts which was the one that fitted the criteria that fitted the most. That's a basic nutshell of what we did during my exam. 

After this I went home to a freezing cold house because guess what there was problems with the heating again. Over night the boiler had drained of all water leaving the house freezing cold, mum tried to sort this and then when my dad went to check on my brothers radiator he walked in to find water coming out of the attic/roof area and going everywhere, everything was getting soaked. We turned the water off and mum rang a plumber while I was in my exam and he came pretty quickly but he is still here trying to sort it all out, he looked at the plumbing and found that there was water going everywhere because a mouse that had gotten in the roof had been chewing through it for some time and caused quite a big whole but then pressure from the water made the whole even bigger. So my dad ended up taking me to school and dropping me off so I arrived 30 minutes early for my exam, and then came home at the end of it because I was just completely knackered, with not sleeping well recently. Now I am off to google horses illnesses and decided what I will be posting about next in my 'how the horse works series'.

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream.

Comments

  1. That exam sounds really interesting! That sucks about your heater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting and I was happy with what I came up with so that was a good start. The heating came on roughly three hours later and my nan lives with us who's 84 so we were all a bit worried about her and she ended up taking a tumble this morning, but seems to be better now we have heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your exam went well. !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...