Skip to main content

Now for the writing part.

Today was the derbyshire county show, a show that I've been going to for the last five years (only to watch, maybe one day to compete) the first three years the weather was that hot that I burnt. The last two years all it has done is rain! While I still enjoy going I don't enjoy the weather that we seem to be getting all of the time. 

Mum and I left the house at 8:00 this morning, I'd been so excited the night before that I hadn't slept well the night before, I kept waking up thinking that it was the morning and then realising that it wasn't the morning. This year we didn't have to Que. to long before we were able to get parked. In years before we have been queuing for what has seemed to be hours, more like 30 minutes, but still it felt like forever. 

When we got there we headed to the show jumping ring, I always love watching this, and I got to spend some time doing some photograph work, I love how the horses look going over the jumps and how excited some seem to be to do their jobs. Others did not seem to happy with the weather conditions but who can blame them? Not me! We then moved on to looking a some in hand work, I don't know what it is about in hand work but I love how it looks and the idea of being able to do it one day in the future, it might never happen but I can dream big. It was really cute though because they had got loads of little foals running along next to their mums (as you'll see in my previous post). When we had done this we hit all the stalls. When we had left at the start of the day I said that I was not going to buy anything but I did. I bought a pink Rydale cashmere jumper that I love. It's really soft and it's really warm which is surprising because it doesn't look that warm. 

When we'd had something to eat we moved on to looking at the hunters, I also got to do some more photographing here (you can also see these on the post before). When we had sat there for a while we moved on to looking at the shire horses. While they aren't the most glamourous horse in the world there is something that I like about them and I loved all the baby shire horses that we saw too. They were so cute and looked so fluffy I loved them! When we'd done here the last thing that we looked at was a stunt show, this year instead of horses it was motor bikes though. It was increasingly more dangerous because we were in the middle of a heavy rain downfall, and the winds were picking up. They started out with just a quad bike, that went on to only its two side wheels, then a wheelie, then it did a doughnut and the amount of dirt that it picked up was insane, there was just grass flying everywhere. They then moved on to a bike and a quad bike riding up a ramp and jumping over a big gap onto a lorry, and then down a ramp on the other side. It was amazing! They made it look so easy, then they started doing tricks in the air, like not holding the handle bars, kicking their legs up behind them, coming out of the seat, putting their legs over the handle bars and back all before landing. It was amazing to watch and something that did fascinate me, however I still prefer the Rocking Horse Stunt Show that has been there since the first year that we started going to the county show. They were the highlight of the show for me and it didn't seem right not seeing them there. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...