Skip to main content

A day out with my mum

Well my mum and I didn't get to do what we planned to do. Months ago in a horse and rider magazine I saw an advert for Cavendish Horses at Bolsover Castle, when I saw it I said I wanted to go but I forgot about it until today. My mum agreed that she'd take me and we got there for them to tell us that they had sold out of tickets for the day, but we could still go look at the castle if we wanted to. I said no thanks because old buildings don't interest me.

So instead we went to Mcdonalds to get something to eat as neither of us had anything all day and when we had done there we went to go to Chatsworth house with the intention that we would see all the deer out grazing but when we got there they were across the other side of the river and couldn't be seen anywhere. So mum surprised me by taking me to the Horse and Carriage Museum in Darley Dale, we got there one minute after they had closed. So instead I spent time taking pictures of the horses out in the field. It was a good opportunity and I liked stroking them, giving them some fuss and of course practicing my Equine Photography. 

When we decided that it was time to move we then went to the wildlife photography exhibition that they had got going on, it took us a while to find where it was but I loved it. The photographs were stunning, some of them I didn't like (e.g. the hunting shots) and others I found really fascinating e.g. underwater seal photographs, deers in the snow and a ladybird on a rose. There were some many more amazing photographs but I haven't got the time to list them all out. All I'll say is if you live in the UK and the derbyshire area you should head over and check it out, it's so worth it! I also got a few names of photography clubs that are local to me so I am going to look in to joining them so that I get some more photography experience as in later years that's going to be so helpful.

Tomorrow I will post some of my pictures showing them before I've edited them and after.

Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...