Skip to main content

Driving lessons and cartoon fun

Yesterday at Pony Club we were doing some practice towards our first badge night next week! The first badge that we will be doing is grooming. So yesterday with the sun shining and it being nice hot weather we got the sponges and shampoo out and started working on bathing the horses. Alice and I did Gatsby and first of all we made sure to brush him all over especially his tale which was particularly knotty. When we had done we started putting the horses to bed, making sure to put the hay nets u and top the water up. It was then time to go home but mum was running late so Fiona let me get Tabby out (one of the new kittens) so I got lots of cuddles with them. They are so cute and I love them, I'm looking forward to afternoons at the stables and cuddles with the kittens.

This morning I had got my third driving lesson with my new driving teacher. We decided that we were going to work on doing emergency stops. We talked about how it was important not to stall when doing the emergency stop. We also talked about what you'd do if it was a rainy day and you had to do one e.g. what would happen if the car was to spin. The first one that we did was good speed wise but I didn't quite push the brake down hard enough. We tried it twice more and I eventually got the hold of it. Towards the end we drove back home and came up where there was quite a sharp incline we worked on riding the clutch which is something that I had been working on with my mum.

When I got in I decided to do something that was a little bit different. I'd found these really cute cartoon pictures online earlier in the day. I saved them with the initial idea that I was going to do draw them again and then colour them in my way. However I changed my mind and decided that I was going to do something that was different, I decided that I would pick random sections of the cartoon, (e.g. the hair colour) and then change them. It took me a while to do it as once I had started I wanted to do something different, making it more and more complicated. I was most impressed with my changing of the hair colour. I think that it is pretty good but I will let you guys be the judge of that.

On this cartoon I changed the hair colour, the bow colour and then made the camera look more hand drawn. I thought that this image was quite appropriate seen as the fact that I have purple hair and nearly always have a camera with me. Let me know what you guys think.
Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...