Skip to main content

A lesson on my own and the biggest I have ever jumped!

 Todays plans had a few changes in them but they were all for the best. As you will know I had a great time jumping Gatsby yesterday but I was knackered by the time I got in bed, I got in bed at 8 and went to sleep within about 5 minutes and slept through until about 10ish. When I got up mum told me that there was going to be a change of plans, instead of getting to the stables for 12:30 I got to the stables for 11:30. Fiona said that she would explain when we got there and when she did explain it made a lot more sense. With only having Gatsby and Rocky that we can use I was going to ride Gatsby early on my own and do some jumping I was all for this. In stead of riding for an hour I rode for 45 minutes but it was more consistent work and I wasn't being as lazy as I tend to be, I was working harder and trying to build my stamina up. 

I got Gatsby ready to get on him at 12:15, we started warming him up and making sure that from the beginning he is active. Fiona told me not to worry about getting him in an outline and focusing on building my confidence. At E and B we put down some trot poles, on one side there was three poles and on the other side there was five poles, Fiona suggested that I work towards jumping two jumps. still staying in trot to get me to be a bit more active. We went over both sets of poles linking them doing the circuit 2 times, starting off going over the poles in rising trot and then move on to going over them in the jump position. I was able to do this quite easily without having to think about it, only making sure that he doesn't drift to the right. We then changed the set of three poles to a cross rail, we went over that (still in a trot) we'd go over the jump, then over the five trot poles, then go over the jump again and finish going over the five poles. We then put the jump up to a vertical at about 2 foot ish, I did the same thing a couple of times with the only different things being that it was a vertical, we then put the next jump up and went straight to doing that at a vertical. First Fiona and my mum said that it was the same height and it was just an optical illusion that they looked higher but this one was level with Fiona's hip it wasn't far off being 3 foot. The first jump was a level 2 jump and the second was a level 3 jump. I went over it without any problems not even worrying about the height that it was just 100% trusting Gatsby and Fiona! I really did love it! We carried on jumping them both twice on a continuos lap. I loved it, and can't wait to jump more. I could see how much Gatsby was enjoying it as well and that's one of the most important things! I then cooled him down and Alice rode him for her lesson. 

This afternoon I had a two hour driving lesson because my test is coming up soon! We practiced doing all over the moves that I could be asked to do and I felt a lot more confident. We also did it in the area that I did my test. I can't wait to do my test and hopefully pass it so that I can go where I want when I want to! It's going to be really fun and of course I can then go to the stables when I want to not have to rely on other people being free to do it! 

Oh I almost forgot there are pictures to come of my riding today, after all it isn't true without photographs or videos ;) 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...