Skip to main content

Some serious Jumping fun!!

I love jumping and I've only recently realised it. I bet nobody saw that coming! Ever since I was little I had this image in my head of being able to get on and jump without having a care in the world and now I feel like I can do that! 

Today was the last day of the summer holiday, it seems like this whole holiday has gone so fast and soon I'm going to be at Uni and back to being at the Stables less but I will still be there come rain, snow and sunshine! This morning we mucked out the stables and I put Gatsby some new bedding down I love the pelleted bedding that we use and being able to watch it expand. The morning seemed to fly by so fast, I did Gatsby and Fussy's stables, I was so proud of my bedding in Fussy's stable, I know that sounds silly but it was the best I'd ever got it, the banks looked good and it made me want to lie in it myself! When it got to lunch time Fiona told us that we were all going to have half an hour lesson on our own! My mind instantly jumped to the idea of jumping (no pun intended) and Fiona saw the look on my face and knew what I wanted to do. After we had had lunch I Was the first one to ride so we went to fetch Gatsby and Rascal in from the field and I was surprised to learn that everyone was going to be watching my lesson! Maisie helped me to groom and tack Gatsby up and then she helped me to put bandages on Gatsby's front legs, I was surprised that I could remember how to do them. While I started to warm Gatsby up the other girls bought jump wings and poles in to the school. I started off with what I thought was quite short stirrups (they felt it), but when I went to put them up another hole I realised they were actually on the hole that I put them on for flat work but they felt so short! I quickly moved in to trot and I was pleased to find that he was forward moving and as Fiona put it 'pingy', he listened to my leg aids and was so responsive. When we had got going I went over the trot poles a couple of times, on the left rein when we went over the poles Gatsby and I were drifting towards the right. When we changed to the right rein he was perfect we were in the middle and straight!!! Fiona to start with put up a cross rail jump up with trotting poles leading up to it! We went over that a couple of times and it felt great! Every time that we landed Gatsby went straight in to canter, so Fiona asked if I was happy and I said that I was feeling confident so we put it up to a vertical (I think Fiona said that it was 2 foot), this was the biggest height that I have ever jumped and Fiona told me to trust Gatsby so I did! I trust this horse with my life and he rewarded me with such a nice jump, we repeated it a couple of times and it felt GREAT! When I got off the other girls had their lessons and while they were doing that I filled up hay nets, finished putting Gatsby's bed down and then Maisie and I spent some time with Corrie giving her some TLC, but there's more to come about Corrie later. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...