Skip to main content

outline work

In todays lesson Gatsby and I worked on Flat work. After doing a few weeks of jumping work it's safe to say it's time for me to start getting back in to my outline work. When I got there I gave Gatsby some loving and a good groom then I got on him. We decided that we would work more on getting him in to an outline and also on getting him to be more forward and responsive. When I first got on he was responsive and moving off my leg, but when circling we were getting way to much leg bend. So we worked on staying really still in my position. 

I then started moving on to doing rein back, this is where things started to get really interesting Gatsby became a hundred times more responsive. We would do two or three steps of rein back then I would ask him to move forwards but going straight in to the trot. This was amazing we were managing to get in to the outline a lot easier and I was really enjoying it. However as soon as I started to feel tired I lost the outline. Fiona got on Gatsby so that I could look more at what I needed to do and how to ride him. We both decided that on the right rein he was a lot more resistant. When I got back on him I thought I'd take away my stirrups. For the last 10-15 minutes we worked on riding without stirrups and being able to engage my seat bones and move with him. We didn't get an outline but we did get me sitting and having a good balance which was exactly how I wanted to end the lesson. I was so happy that I actually managed to achieve something. 

This afternoon I stayed up at the stables and got to have my own kind of work out. We spent the afternoon tacking up and untacking horses. Putting bedding down and getting the horses beds ready and poo picking fields. By the time it came for me to go home I was feeling so much better, I was aching but at the same time it was a good ache. It was like when you have a really good work out at the swimming pool or at the gym and you ache after but you feel GREAT! So from now on I'm going to be able to stay up on a Saturday afternoon and help out after I have had my ride, it'll be a great way to lose weight! 

Pictures to come tomorrow. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

P.s. This should have posted on Saturday 

Comments

  1. It's great when your hobby is a good exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outline work is always good, keeps your horse listening when you do jump. Barn work is great exercise, that's how i stayed in shape for years, I need to do more now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoy working on an outline. It makes me ache by the end but days at my yard sre always so fun, we always have a good laugh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...