Skip to main content

catch up post

Well I've not got around to posting in a while as I've been quite busy but wanted to write about a couple of good rides I've had recently and tomorrow I will post Videos of one of my rides. On Saturday I got to ride Gatsby for the first time in a while, I was looking forward to it as it meant that I could work on some different things. We did some trot work and canter work. We did an exercise that we haven't done in a while where you trot over three trotting poles then ask for the canter as soon as you're over the poles and do a 20m circle. This is an exercise that I've always loved doing. We then moved on to doing some related distance canter work. We had two trot poles with three or four canter strides in between them the idea was we would go over it still being a dressage rider and alternate the type of stride meaning we would either extend it or collect it, altering the amount of strides. I really enjoyed doing this but found that I was getting quite tired quickly so we ended the lesson on the best ride that I've ever had out of Gatsby. We spent a good 10 minutes working in an outline, it's the best outline I've ever got it was so nice and floaty and everything fell in to place. We also talked about the idea of me competing Gatsby/Vettie this year. 

Last night I got to ride Vettie for 40 minutes, I was really looking forward to it. From the very beginning I was including bending, circles and lots of lateral work. I was able to pick him up in to an outline really quickly and while it wasn't the easiest thing to do I did get a small amount of trot work in an outline. Fiona used me as an example of how to do certain things for the two other girls in my lesson. I really enjoyed riding I got some nice shoulder in work and leg yields, eventually I would like to try doing half pass with him. Fiona showed us some of the work that she does with him and then we picked a horse to put to bed at pony club. I was the last one to get a name and ended up getting Chloe who is a new horse.  I saw her arrive on Saturday and she is lovely, she seems really sweet natured, she's good to groom, tack rugs on and off and put new rugs on. She was just lovely to work with and I look forward to spending more time with her in the future. She's one of the few mares that I get on with, I've always been a gelding fan but this little mare has got me intrigued. 

While I was at Pony club I also got to help Kelly give Rascal his antibiotics. This is something that I've never done before and I found it interesting that I had got the opportunity to do it. I had to help Kelly hold his neck up while we got a syringe full of medicine for him to take. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

p.s. Videos to come 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...