Skip to main content

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks. 

Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise that we haven't done in a while where you go over three trotting poles in rising trot then the minute you've done them you ask to pick up the canter, doing a 20m circle before coming back to trot before the poles and repeating this process as many times as you want to. 

Sunday was an 10am til 6pm own a pony day, we found out that it was going to be an all day competition sort of thing. We would get judged on mucking out, grooming and tack cleaning we had about an hour to do each. In tack cleaning and mucking out I came third both times. Then for grooming I had to groom Rosie, I liked working with her because she pushed me to be firm with her because she's a little pony that if can get away with not doing something will do. But I got a second grooming her. I missed out on first because she wouldn't let me brush through her tail. Over all I came second and got a new pony club rosette (picture to follow). Then I got a 30 minute ride on Vettie. It's been a while since I'd rode him but omg it was the best ride I have ever had on him. For the entire 30 minutes I worked Vettie in an outline. It wasn't easy but we did it. We maintained the outline through transitions. In the trot which was hard because my left side wanted to give in. WE did 20m circles, rein back (which felt so weird on vettie compared to Gatsby) we did small amounts of Leg-yield but Fiona thinks that it is the best that I have ever rode Gatsby. But I am kind of gutted because I have no photo's or videos of it :( soooo gutted lol. 

Anyway my hand is now KILLING ME! lol 

Sooo Until Next Time A
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. How did you break your hand?? And why won't it show up on x-ray for two weeks? I hope it heals quickly! :( Congrats on your pony club rosette!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...