Skip to main content

Back at Uni today

Well today was my first day back at uni and I am now officially knackered. It's been a long day but we haven't really done a lot to be honest but I feel so tired think I just need to get back in to the swing of things again. We've had five months off so that's quite a long time to then just be thrown straight back in to things if that makes sense? 

Tonight was also Pony Club and BHS. At pony Club we did long reining. Which was really fun it's something that I have never done before but something that I would definitely like to do again. I got a go with Taz who is one of the newest horses at our stables and he was great. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed it. Would love to do more of it and learn more about how effective it is. I then got to spend some time giving both Mac (another new horse, who is for sale) and Gatsby some love and attention. I found that I really like Mac but Gatsby will always be my favourite. There will always be a special place in my heart for Gatsby, I love that horse. 

At BHS we didn't do that much quite a few people weren't there it was just Molly, Elaine, Alice, Fiona and I. We did have a good giggle though and I really enjoyed it. We talked about different types of bedding e.g. shavings, straw, sawdust, pellet bedding, sand, pete and newspaper. We looked at the benefits and the disadvantages of each one. We then moved on to looking at travelling and the do's and don'ts. What you'd need to check before travelling, what you'd need to travel and what you would never do when travelling. It was a good laugh but by the end of it I just felt knackered but I know that Mondays are going to be my busiest days so I've just got to get back in to a routine and get my sleeping pattern sorted to go with the busier days. 

But anyways that's all for now. 
Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. I totally get what you mean! I just started working again after having a year off while we built our house and it's hard getting back into the swing of things! I was exhausted that first week. By the end of the second week I'm doing much better though. You'll get back into it in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is hard, still don't feel back in the swing of things and i've been back a month but doesn't help that for the past two weeks i've had really bad tonsillitis that i'm just not shifting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...