Skip to main content

Seeing Jack and another good ride on Gatsby.

I rode Gatsby yesterday (Saturday) and we had a really really good lesson! It would appear that last weeks riding wasn't just a fluke and that I can actually ride in an outline for an hour twice in a row! Can I make it three times though? It has taken me 3 years (roughly) riding at this stables that I am at now to get the feel of the outline and now that I have got the feeling it just makes so much more sense! 

We started up warming up in the walk, making sure to move long and low, making sure that I rode off the track and making sure that I was riding straight. I had to make sure that Gatsby's neck was not overly bent to the inside because he was trying to pull on my right rein to block my contact with it. I have to give him credit that once I got him listening he was very good and very responsive. We moved up in to the walk work quite early as Gatsby felt really nice supple and loose through his back, he was responsive, forward and listening to what I wanted! Straight away we picked up the outline, and we kept it, we even managed to keep it through out most of our transitions, a few of the upward trot transitions we lost it for about one stride but the rest were fairly good. I even have video proof. 

Again like last week I moved on to doing some work without stirrups and while I was doing work without stirrups I was also doing lateral work mainly shoulder in with small bits of leg yield at the end. Going to the left I was able to get a good response off my leg, but going to the right it took me a while to get him to make a shift with his shoulders and not just bend his neck which is what he was wanting to do. We did it in walk and trot. Our leg yields were fairly good, they were also a lot better to the left as I just got a sharper response off that leg and it can open my hips up a little bit more that way. I then took my stirrups back to cool Gatsby down, and boy did they feel short! I Felt like I should be jumping with them. I cooled him down and then it was time to get off him. 

I've even got some video proof for you all! Here you go guys videos include walk, trot, outline, leg yielding I think and small amounts of shoulder in. Enjoy :) 




   
   
 
 
 

I saw Jack today and he is doing really well, I love that I get to see him every two weeks at the minute, it is working out really well and of course I just love the time I get with him. Any time with him is better than no time with him! He's home in just over two months and I can't wait, the time seems to be going so fast now! It really is insane. Anyway I'm off to sleep now, cause I'm so tired. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream - AmberRose. 

Comments

  1. Looking good! It sounds like you have really fun lessons. :D I'm glad Jack gets to come home soon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...