Skip to main content

Savings Plan - The start of Getting my own horse.

So as you will all have seen on my new years eve post I have decided that this year will be the year that I finally get my own horse (or at least that is the plan anyway). So tonight I have sat down and figured out what money I get and when, and how much gets spent a week, so I thought why not put it on here for you guys to see. 

I also went to the bank today and put £131.00 in to my ISA Bank Account, this way it is being saved up but growing on interest at the same time. So that is £131.00 towards my horse already and it is only the 2nd January. 

So here's my plan, for the next £12 weeks I have got £118.00 to spend a week. I have to remember the things that I do need to spend my money on. So here's what I have to spend my money on. 

Petrol - To fill my car up it costs between £40 and £50 so I've financed to spend between £160 - £200 a month on petrol. 
Vanquis - Credit Card that I need to pay off - £30 a month. 
HSBC Credit Card - £30 a month. 
Phone Bill -£50 a month. 
Monday Riding Lesson - £40

As there are three things on this list that are monthly and not weekly I have decided that I will pay these off one week at a time, e.g. one week i'll pay HSBC, the next, Phone Bill and then the 3rd Vanquis. By doing it this way it should leave me with 1 week a month where the only thing that I will have to buy is Petrol. 

I plan to leave the money in my main account until the end of the week, then at the end of that week move whatever money I have left over from that weeks budget in my main account in to my ISA account, this should mean that there is something (Even if it is not a lot) going in to that bank account and never anything going out of that account. 

Sorry if you guys find this post a bit boring it was more as a way for me to record my plans for this year to get my own horse. If you're interested in keeping an eye on my savings head over to my savings page :D.

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream.

p.s. tomorrow I am back riding Gatsby again, I can not wait, and monday pony club starts again! 

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great start - good for you and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - fingers crossed this year will be the year!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a great plan! I'm excited for you to get a horse. :D Will you be doing a post on what kind of horse you'll be looking for when it's time to start shopping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I start putting the plans in to action I wil definitely be letting yu guys know. I'll also be just posting my random thoughts because I love your comments and feedback you give great advice. Xx

      Delete
    2. Awww thanks!! I'm no expert, all I can do is share my experiences. :D

      Delete
    3. your experiences are all really helpful, I love reading your blog so it's nice to see your comments too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...