Skip to main content

Very brief catch up post

Hi guys,

Well it has been a while since I have had time to blog but it's safe to say my life has just been a little bit hectic. Magic is now at home and I'm loving that. I get to see him everyday and his cute little face always looks happy to see me. Whole some days I really struggle with the early mornings other days I find it fine (however this will be explained more later). At the moment either my mum or I am at the stables three times a day.  For his breakfast, lunch and tea. I've had magic for about a month now. When I first got him he was struggling to maintain his weight, it kept going up and down.  However since changing his feed he is slowly putting his weight on and starting to look extremely healthy. He goes out in the field daily and will happily let me catch him all though at the minute his favourite game is playing let's break the electric fencing. I've taught him to pick his front feet up and have them picked out (although it is under great protest) and the past two days he has starTed letting me pick his back feet out to all though magic is not as keen on this. My next thing that I wanted to teach him is about rugging as we are currently going through some quite bad weather at the moment and it is said to just be getting worse. I will over load you guys with pictures soon.

As for my health it's slowly getting better.  I am currently on a mission to get fit, those of you that have me on Facebook will know that I have lost my driving licence. So I am currently getting the bus to places, doing plenty more walking and even doing some small amounts of cycling. I am starting using slim fast to lose weight as well as moderating my food in take and obviously with magic I am also a lot more active. On Thursday I was at the hospital and I have finally got some more answers about my stomach problems.  Part of the reason that I am being sick is the fact that my stomach takes twice as long as a 'normal' persons to digest food, so I get that he feeling of being fuller earlier and that leads to the sickness.  The second thing is that I am also being tested for Addison disease this is a problem with the adrenal gland and causes tiredness, vomiting, cramping and pins and needles, low moods and last but not least fatigue and no motivation more specifically in a morning.

But anyway guys I'm now off to sleep as I am feeling really tired. Tomorrow I will do a better magic up date and of course post lots of pictures.

Until next time
Amber Rose

Comments

  1. So you have gastroparesis? My boss has that and it does make her sick. It doesn't seem like a fun thing to live with. I'm so, so sorry. She is taking a medication that helps a lot... it's called domperidone, but it's illegal in the US so she's having to get it out of Canada. They made it illegal because of problems with lactation or something. My boss is past menopause so it doesn't cause problems for her... Eating small, frequent meals helps her, as well as cutting out difficult to digest things (or just smaller amounts) and if it's really flaring up going to a complete liquid diet for a day or two helps. I hope you can get some help and start to feel better. I've heard probiotics can help a lot too.

    Keep in mind with baby horses that it's better to be a little thin than too fat. Being overweight is hard on their growing joints. Obviously going into winter you don't want him skinny, but always remember fat is bad too (also lots of hay is a safer way to add weight and keep them warm than adding too much grain). I'm glad changing his diet helped. I was having problems with Chrome growing too fast when he was young, but switching him to a ration balancer helped a lot! It took the sugar and carbs out of the equation and evened things out. I'm glad you're enjoying him and having so much fun with him. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya yeah that's what I have, unfortunately it's not the worlds most comfiest thing. But at the moment I am working on losing weight and part of doing this is I'm using SlimFast (I'm not sure if this is just a UK thing or not). But it's like a meal replacement thing that I drink so that helps because a liquid diet is normally what is best for my stomach. I have two shakes a day and then one proper meal and then no snacks and lots and lots of fluids. I have heard Domperidone but unfortunately it has no effect on me I have taken it before, and it does not reduce the sickness or anything like this.

    At the minute Magic is still on the thin side, it was my riding instructor that recommending feeding him a little bit more so I asked her what she thought when she came to see him and that's what she recommended. (Hopefully I'm doing the best/right thing). He gets pretty much ad lib hay at the minute and he definitely lets me know if he wants more but we are trying to work on manners at the moment. I'll be posting the pictures within the next hour. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...