Skip to main content

7. Vets, hospitals and relaxation

Well I'm currently sat in the back of the car on the way to hospital, my mum quickly put Magics food in this morning and now we're on the way to have my test done to see whether I have Addison Disease or not I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it seen as I hate needles and this whole test is about having needles put in me, to say I'm dreading it is an understatement especially when I have hardly slept all night and I am in quite a bit of pain. However I thought I would use this time to update you all on my experiences of a certain vets in Derbyshire. You'll all know that I had to get another vet out to sort out magic after they came out well on Monday i took in the insurance claim form and asked them to fill it in, while at the same time booking Magic in for l his 2nd set of injections. I explained that id be paying with cash and that I knew his vet bills has not been paid, I was waiting for an email off my insurance company. Yesterday I recieved a phone call from  the snooty practice manager, who informed me that even though I was paying with cash magic would not be allowed his injections until the policy excess was paid. This was not what I was told on Monday and seen as I told them I was waiting for the insurance company to get back in contact with me. I then got called a liar and informed that her vets wouldn't possibly not tell her the truth.

Well that's the first part of my test done, the first part was a simple blood test, now I have to wait to have an injection of something I dont know what, then wait for 30 minutes and then have another blood test. THAT'S THREE NEEDLES, and you all know how much I hate needles.

After leaving the hospital I went straight to see magic, while I had fed him in the morning in had not got time to do his stable. While my mum and jack did his stable as I was feeling quite poorly, I gave him a brush and just a really nice groom and he was such a good boy. He was calm and he was almost falling asleep. The vets then came to do magic and she was lovely, she took her time with him. He's now had his second lot of injections and isn't due anymore injections for 6 months. While she was there she also checked his foot and said that she thinks his abcess is now fully gone and that he can go back to normally so that means NO MORE POULTICING and bandaging his foot. Later on I'll go back up to magic to give him his food and then we will either do a bit more grooming, some parelli or possibly some in hand and leading work in the schooling as he's not the best at this.

But for now I'm off to relax and rest, until next time.
Amber and Magic

Comments

  1. I'm glad Magic is better! Sorry you've been feeling bad and had to get stuck with needles. I hate needles too, but had to have blood drawn a lot for my thyroid (only once a year now, but it was a lot at first when figuring out my dosage). I used to almost pass out and cry, but now I just cringe and look away lol. That's an improvement lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...