Skip to main content

63. Horrible weather but lots of time with my midnight magic

Yesterday was a long day and I just completely forgot to get around to posting it so I'll post this now because even though it's 5.48am, I'm lying in bed wide awake but God knows why. Within about 30 minutes of waking up jack and I were up and about and ready to go out and do the jobs that we need doing. One of the main good points about Magics new yard is that he goes out with the rest of the herd.  And part of the deal that was made with loan was that she'll put him out and bring him back in so that he never really goes out on his own, seen as he normally goes out at about 9.30 am it means that i don't really see him in the morning and I get a bit of a lie in. But the first job that I do when we go out is go up to the yard and muck his stable out so that he has a nice warm bed for when he gets in. I'll also sort his feed out for the next two feeds but I will only add water to the one that he'll have that night.
Kisses from the pony face.

This morning when I got up to do magic I was actually really surprised to see him. Normally he'll be out in the field and I won't see him until evening time but yesterday the whole herd was at the top of the field just sort of waiting to come in. As soon as I got out my car he left the herd and stood right next to the gate but I tried to ignore him because I wasn't sure when they'd be coming in so I didn't want to wind him up. I got on with muckin out his stable and about half way through doing it Lynn came out saying that she was going to bring all the horses in. So I quickly finished doing what I needed to do so that Magic could come in out of the wind and rain. I then left him to his own devices while I went out to do a few jobs and get some sleep.
Soaking wet and ditched pony after he came in from the field this morning. Don't think he was to impressed with me taking pictures while it is raining and he's waiting for his Haynet 
  When I came back that evening the wind was quiet high and it was absolutely chucking it down so because of where he gets tied up i quickly timed him while i put his Haynet up and his food in his feed corner because are still working on his issues to do with feeding but I think that we will get there in the end it's just a slow process but we are both willing to take the time to get him to where I would like him to be. When I gave him his food there was a massive debate about whether he was going to stand still for me to take his head collar off or not, but eventually he stopped shaking his head and stood still so i let him off Lynn had offered to do magics feed for the night time and give it him but inm said no it was fine as I juse enjoy seeing the ponys face far too often. His heads always there just waiting to see him,and he always looks really happy to see him and that it all I need right now. We aren't perfect but we are perfect for each other and that's all that matters. But for now it's 6.10am and I'm ready to go back to sleep so I'll leave you with some pictures.
It's those ears they just make me laugh.  
my sleepy bundle of cuteness. 


Until next time
Amber and Magic

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...