Skip to main content

Day 119 - The friendly Ghost, Gelding and new beginnings.

Well it's been a while since I have posted and lost has changed since the last time I posted on here. So the first thing that I have got to tell you all is the fact that I have now moved out of living with my mum and dad, I've got a nice little flat not far from them and not far from Magic, and share a flat with my boyfriend who is here most nights. The flat's nice and homely, it's small but it's something that I've gotten used to. 
Aha i love this photo of the Mr and I on the way to the pub earlier. 
The next thing that I've got to tell you all is that Magic has finally been gelded, it was horrible to watch and something that I will definitely never want to see ever again but he seems happier now that he's been done. He was never a angry or mad horse before but he is even quieter now. I haven't done much in hand work with him recently due to being really unwell but I have still got to see him lots which I've really enjoyed. He's currently measuring 15hh on his bum and 14.2hh on his withers and he's not even one yet. I plan on starting to bit him when it gets to summer. He'll only have a simple happy mouth snaffle in which will connect to his head collar to start with and then will move on to his bridle. At the minute he isn't looking the worlds best because he's shedding his baby coat and winter coat in to his summer coat and because of the breed that he is it is quite long on his tummy so it has matted in places. 
My midnight Magic, I think that he is losing a bit of weight at the moment but I am sure that is due to him growing.
I also rode Gatsby for the first time in roughly a month on saturday, it wasn't the bet riding that I have ever done and I only rode for roughly 40 minutes. We did a lot of work on riding with out stirrups because this is how I get my seat the best. We then moved on to doing a little bit of canter work but due to my stomach problems I found that this was quite tiring. I'll be riding Gatsby again on Saturday but it is safe to say that it felt amazing to be back in the saddle. While I love having Magic I do sometimes wish I had got something that was older that I could ride but I would NEVER change Magic for the world, or all the money in the world. 
He's starting to get his dads mane coming through (his dad was a fresian x clydesdale but had more fresian). I know that I need to trim his mane but honestly I just love it.

My final bit of important news is the fact that I have finally got a dog. A week after I moved in I drove for over an hour (well the boyfriend did) to get Casper, he's a white Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He's just over one year old and was free off gum tree. I have reason to believe that he wasn't very well looked after by his previous owner due to the marks that were on him when I got him and the fact that he was really under weight. However now he enjoys his long walks and eats loads. So he's starting to look healthier and put weight on again. 
Meet Casper, aka, the friendly ghost. More pictures to come of him soon. 
But for now i'm off to sleep as I have had a really long but enjoyable 21st Today, oh yeah did I forget to mention it was my birthday. But before I go to sleep I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone that has made my birthday as amazing as it was, it's been a really good day and I have really enjoyed myself :D. 
Some of my amazing birthday charms :D 

Until Next Time 
Amber, Magic and Casper. 

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! Congrats on your new flat and on getting Casper. I'm glad he's with you and will be healthy and well taken care of now. Poor guy. He is gorgeous. I love Staffordshires.

    Magic is such a cutie!! I'm glad he's gelded and that it went well. It was definitely not fun watching Chrome get gelded so I know exactly what you mean. I don't want to do that again either. It's so much nicer once it's done though.

    Don't cut his mane please! I want to see it all grown out! He can have a haircut when he's grown up and ready for riding hehe. I just like admiring the big manes on other horses since Chrome can't grow one. I wish he'd inherited the hair from his sire.

    I know what you mean on the not getting to ride. That was the only bad thing about raising a baby as an only horse. I'm glad you get to ride Gatsby some. Riding my friend's horses is the only thing that kept me patient enough to wait until Chrome was three lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes! He's looking loads healthier now, over the next few days I'll have to take some current pictures of him so you can see how much he's changed!

    It wasn't nice looking after magic while he was being gelded especially due to the fact that i HATE blood and i'm really squirmish. He's still really calm, but he just seems lots more gentle these days, i don't know, it's hard to explain.

    I haven't cut his mane yet! I don't think I'm going to, the more I look at it and the longer that it gets the more that I fell in love with it. hehe I do love it long so I have a feeling that the long mane will be staying even when he is ridable!

    I don't mind not getting to ride to much cause of Gatsby and the other horses that I get to ride but sometimes I just want to be able to get up and go. Just to be able to get out and have a random ride if that makes sense but on those days i just take magic for a random ride.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...