Skip to main content

Day 121 - All up to date

well i have finally managed to get up to date with reading everyones lovely comments on my blog! I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone that still comments on my blog. I really do appreciate not only the feed back but also the help that you guys give me. I feel that by writing a blog, I have created a whole online support system I know that might sound insane but it's just how i feel at the moment.

Magic is coming on in leaps and bounds, he still has things that he hates me doing. Like at the moment it's brushing his tummy because he's all knotted from the mud, the length of the fur and the fact that it changing from a baby winter coat to by the looks of it a nice summer coat. He's got loads better at having his feed put in to the point where I now just go in and put the food on my own. He's really getting better with doing that. He's come on in leaps and bounds about having his head collar taken off all though I'll admit we battled with this for a while but in the end we got there, and he's growing at a nice steady pace, not to fast or slow just in his own time. Magic's also coming on really well with all the things he's learning. For example the other day while Lynn rode out on the roads with her horse stan, I walked out with Magic to get him used to being on the roads. He was a bit excitable to start with about it but by the end of it he had got the idea and was really happy with it. He will also now walk around while I hold him in one hand and casper in the other hand. While we have only really tried this on the yard I still feel like it is a good progress from him to be making, so I am really proud of him. He's making massive achievements and just doing really well. He truly is a fantastic horse.

But for now i'm off to get some sleep and chill out and watch life and death row.

Until Next Time
Amber, Magic and Casper

Comments

  1. I feel the exact same way about the online support group feeling! I don't know what I would have done without my blogging buddies while Chrome was growing up!!

    I'm glad Magic is doing so well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing feeling, especially being able to just talk to people that you know aren't going to judge you but will give you an honest opinion! I don't know about where you are, but over here the horsey community is just WAY to bitchy !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...