Skip to main content

update for you all

well things have been super busy here, Casper hasn't been very well, Magic's been lame and I've been ill. Jack had a job then lost his job, then I've been working on my own business creating personalised products so first things first. Magic. 

Magic is doing really, we are doing lots of work on him picking his feet up, he is fine with his front ones but his back ones he's still a bit off with. He's been lame in his front foot as well the opposite one to that he has an abscess in, then this time he had a 3 inch splinter in his frog, that wasn't visible to the human eye. This had developed an abscess that the farrier burst, but for over a week after he was still lame, so been poulticing his foot, keeping him on box rest but I think that ended up doing more damage than good because he freaked out being in on his own so he went back out with the rest of them. I bought him a cheap bridle yesterday for when I am getting him used to the feel.  He's coming on really well and he's growing loads, today when I went to see him he was lying down and even when I went in to the stable he still didn't get up so I think he was pretty much dead to the world. 

Now on to Casper, we had to take him to the vets about a week ago, and they put him on a rice diet, he's not allowed dog food and everything that he does eat has to be extremely bland. They did a urine sample as well and the results came back as being clear, he hasn't had blood tests. When they weighed him the first time he was 17 kilos and had lost 3/4 of a kilo since i last took him to the vets. When we took him the second time three days later he was 17.2 kilos so hopefully this means that he is finally starting to put weight on. He's stopped being sick and he's on two different tables and a syringe full of medication. So at the minute he's pretty doped up but the vets really don't have any answers what is wrong with him. 

As for me I'm getting there, I haven't been able to ride in two weeks so far because my riding instructor won't let me ride with the tablets that I am on. I was really ill at the same time as Casper was last week but I'm not really sure what was wrong with me, i'm not sure if it was a reaction to my tablets or a bug that was going around. But now that I am better I am back pushing to get my embroidery business Magic Personalisations popular, we've had one new customer since the relaunch, and I can't wait to tell you guys all about it but I think that's going to be a separate post! 

Now on to something really random has anyone else started playing the new Pokemon GO App, on their phone. It's only just been launched in the UK and to be honest I looked at it and thought it was going to be awful but it turned out to be really fun, you literally just walk around and find pokemon totally geekish but also totally fun! But anyway I'm off to get an early night as tomorrow I will be waiting for the vets to ring me to give Magic his injections.

Until Later 
Amber, Magic and Casper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...