Skip to main content

Digging dogs, and chilled out ponies.

Well the past few days have been interesting to say the least. After our long walk with Magic on Thursday, we spent the day chilling out on Friday. We spent the morning playing games, and catching up on what was on T.V. before heading over to my mums with the dogs. While they spent a good few hours playing out in the garden, Jack and my mum made brownies, and I spoke to my dad for a bit. Before Jack and I then decided to fit our new speakers in our new car. It took us a while to do it but we managed it in the end. We then came home and chilled out, while Jack started playing our new game Mafia 3 I spent some time watching T.V. 

Saturday was another quiet day,  I didn't see Magic today, as to be honest I was exhausted. He hadn't been in and he didn't need anything doing to his stable (I did check) so I left him out in the field with his friends for a few days. Today's been another quiet day, that is until I got back to the flat. Now as you'll know from the post that I wrote about three days ago, we have two dogs. One who's a bit older and one who is a baby and is still learning. Now if anyone has some suggestions of how to sort this dog out that would be greatly appreciated. Some days he's great, he'll ask to go out when he needs to, he'll chill out, he doesn't chew anything and is just a generally really nice dog. Then there is days like today. 

We woke up this morning and both dogs went out. We went out and did what we needed to do, came back and decided it was another film day in bed, both the dogs curled up either on the bed with us or lay on the floor chilling out. Then before we needed to go out we let the dogs out again! Tidied the flat up and left with both the dogs chilling out on the bed. They both looked happy and relaxed that was until we got back. I walked in the flat to find Diesel is teething (I'm not really bothered about this I'll get him some toys to help with it), he's decided it's GREAT FUN to dig at the front door, no idea how to stop this so if anyone does have any ideas then please let me know? Because of the digging I asked him what he'd done and told him off, he then decided to pee in the flat all over a duvet. So if anyone has any ideas on how to stop a dog digging that's a puppy and only does it when I'm NOT here that would be greatly appreciated. 

I've got lots of plans for Magic over the next week, we're going to do some more work in the school, going back to doing Parelli but also hopefully start to get him trotting in hand. I don't want him to do huge amounts of trotting, just want him to be able to trot when asked to as he's still not great at this he's getting there but he's not perfect. He's going to get lots of fuss and attention and a really good groom tomorrow. I'm also hoping to get him booked in to have his teeth checked out soon as this is something that he hasn't had done yet. Well slowly get there, but mostly I just want to have fun with him. If that means we spend some days just chilling in the field together than that's what we will do, if it means we go on long walks that's what we will do, it all just depends on what each day brings. 

As for tomorrow i'll be heading over to my mums in the morning to do some jobs, and possibly be taking the dogs with me again for them to have another run around. But for now i'm going to curl up, chill out, look through some of my online university work and research how to get Diesel to stop digging. 

Until Next Time 
Amber, Magic, Casper and Diesel (even if he is in trouble)!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...